Building guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building guitar

Would it be wrong of me to put a charvel logo on a guitar that i was building just for myself for looks?

i.e. i wanna build a single hum single volume reversed strat head charvel.

Re: Building guitar

My awnser is yes.

Comment

allright thats fine by can i ask why ?

im not planing on selling it or trying to pass it off as a charvel just for looks ... any reasons why not ? p.s. just curious [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It's your guitar. You can put anything you want on it. Unless you have an endorsement, it's free advertising at your expense. Do what ya want.

Personally, I'd make my own design and slap it up dere.

BUT...

Sell it with that logo, and you are the worst of the worst.
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Having a Charvel logo on a non-Charvel guitar is deception. You can do whatever you want and as long as you don't sell it with the logo on the headstock, you aren't going to harm anyone.

Comment

I said yes because it would be dishonest. It would NOT be a Charvel, whether you intended to sell it or not. If I owned a guitar company, I wouldn't want someone putting my name on their guitars, even if it weren't for sale. You would be mis-representing the guitar to people who saw it. If you build a guitar, it should be something that YOU can be very proud of. Put your own name on it. Otherwise either you are giving Charvel credit for your hard work, or otherwise affecting their reputation with your creation.

While there is no law that I know of that would prevent you from doing what you plan on doing, as long of course as you don't sell the guitar, I would still advise that you do not put the name on your guitar. This is of course just my two cents, and I want to say thank you for considering other people's opinions on this.

Comment

the only reason for my i love the charvel stratheads ive seen that people have and since there so rare/exspensive i see this as my way of kinda getting what i want hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I should add that I would be much more proud of a guitar that I built than any guitar that I could buy!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont plan on building it lol. I think what i might do is use a model 2 body non-recessed floyd and gettin a reverse strat head nexk from warmoth, black, OFR, emg ?

With or without the logo what do you think?

Comment

no logo, or your own logo. using someone else's is lame, imo. personally it drives me nuts to see warmoth & gmw necks with charvel logos on them.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

As long as you don't try to sell it as a charvel to some newb who cares. But it's the few people who do that piss me off [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

allright allrigth im not to stir up anything i just wanted to know if it was okay or wasnt?

No big deal at all

Thanks for all the input . [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nobody here is upset with you for asking. Asking is the right thing to do, and I am glad that you did, and that you respect our opinions. It is something of a touchy subject around here, because a lot of us have to deal with fake Charvels. Go ahead and build your dream guitar, just let people know what it is.

Comment

Nobody here is upset with you for asking. Asking is the right thing to do, and I am glad that you did, and that you respect our opinions. It is something of a touchy subject around here, because a lot of us have to deal with fake Charvels. Go ahead and build your dream guitar, just let people know what it is.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now that's what I'm talkin about.

Comment

I'd say that as long as you never tried to represent it as a real Charvel if you ever sold it, do whatever you want to the headstock. Didn't Jake E. Lee have a Fender with a Charvie logo??

Comment

Working...
                              X