Grover Jackson interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson interview

It pains me to link to the Ultimate Guitar website, but they just posted this interview and I thought someone here might find it interesting: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...r_jackson.html

I just read this, VERY interesting. Some of the things Grover says is just hilarious, I could just imagine his tone of voice and everything

This should be in the General section though.

Comment

Thanks for the link

Comment

Great interview thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatar View Post
          It pains me to link to the Ultimate Guitar website, but they just posted this interview and I thought someone here might find it interesting: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...r_jackson.html
          Great interview.

What's the deal with Ultimate Guitar??? I find that website and Harmony Central to be very useful sometimes.

Comment

That was awesome.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
              Great interview.

What's the deal with Ultimate Guitar??? I find that website and Harmony Central to be very useful sometimes.
              Ultimate Guitar has some interesting articles occasionally, but much of it is crap. The tab library is useful and extensive. My main issues with UG are the Slash-centric leaning of the site after he assumed ownership (I'm not a fan), the silliness of the gear reviews, and the discussion forum. That forum is populated by the largest population of jackasses, dunces, and d-bags on the internet. Your mileage may very, however

Comment

Originally posted by Anatar View Post
                Ultimate Guitar has some interesting articles occasionally, but much of it is crap. The tab library is useful and extensive. My main issues with UG are the Slash-centric leaning of the site after he assumed ownership (I'm not a fan), the silliness of the gear reviews, and the discussion forum. That forum is populated by the largest population of jackasses, dunces, and d-bags on the internet. Your mileage may very, however
                I mainly use UG for their tabs database, which as you said is pretty extensive and useful specially for my guitar students. The reviews are more of the same, I have yet to find a good review regarding a guitar or something related to. I tend not to follow any forum that is not specifically about what I'm looking for, so I've never been to that forum.

Comment

Great read! It's cool in that he touched upon things he wanted to do that eventual did happen, like making his own pickups....and possibly making the RR available to all as a model only with his family's approval. It's interesting he pointed out EVH doesn't like him...we all know that already from EVH's own interviews!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It's funny to read such a down to earth interview from a 'businessman'

Whereas I've always had my reservations of Wayne Charvel's 'victimized' interviews
                    Grover seemed to have no inhibitions and states things like they are (especially when reading this 30 years later)
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks for that ..great read!

interesting about him not making any more Rhoads if Randy's people didn't agree.

Comment

What an amazing interview! So much history here, it's amazing.

Comment

I never knew EVH didnt like him. how come?
                          Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Working...
                          X