Show off your "TIPS"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show off your "TIPS"...

...I mean the tips of your pointy J/C guitars (Vs, Stars, Warriors, etc.)
    Lets stick to body tips. No heads. Heads are too common. What kind of damage do you have? There are some legendary ones out there: Holmes, Hammett, Rhoads, etc.

Let see some bodies. Are they pristine like a virgin or raw and gnarly like an old mare.

Mine's small [insert pun]:

Wow, everyone is too shy.

Comment

Meh, all the headstocks on my Warriors are identical except the Made in USA or Professional decals.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No damage to the tips of my '00 RRR1T, but I can take pics tomorrow if you really want to see...
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here you go:

Usually I use to take care of my equipment, but this one (Performer Rhoads) just fell off the strap, landed on my amps footswitch and taught me the lesson to double check the strap and use strap locks.
          As you can see it was quite a chunk that bursted of the upper wing, but I was able to glue it back on, so it's ok now.
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            No damage to the tips of my '00 RRR1T, but I can take pics tomorrow if you really want to see...
            Thanks Toe, but interested in seeing damage/battle scars/growing pains mostly.

Comment

I've toyed with the idea for a while now of playing a broke to hell Rhoads on stage. I'm talking 2"s of wing broken off, splinters, the works.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                I've toyed with the idea for a while now of playing a broke to hell Rhoads on stage. I'm talking 2"s of wing broken off, splinters, the works.
                Gnarly, Charlie.

There used to be images (online) of some of Chris Holmes' guitars and the tips/wings on them were just beat-to-hell.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                  There used to be images (online) of some of Chris Holmes' guitars and the tips/wings on them were just beat-to-hell.
                  USED to be??

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Shoulda gone with "Show me your TIPS!" for the title.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm super careful with my tips. These minor marks were on my Kelly when I got it.
                      Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
                      2007 Jackson DK2M
                      1983 Kramer Pacer Special
                      2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
                      2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

From my KE-2

Glued back live on stage

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          I meant, close-up shots of some of the guitars and their tips, but yes, gnarly. And thanks for the URL.

Comment

OK, it took me a while to get around to it, but here's the wing-tips on my Danny Spitz Dinky Rhoads. Honest wear I guess, unless Christina Applegate dropped it LOL

Top:

Bottom:

Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks like Dan put it on the floor instead of a stand when he was done playing it.

My RR1T picked up its first ding around Christmas when it was assaulted on its stand by my Taylor guitar case. I'll have to bust out my camera and grab a shot. The chip is near the bottom wingtip. The actual edges on the tips are still in great shape though.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X