GRrrrrrrrr ARRRRRRRRGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRrrrrrrrr ARRRRRRRRGH

WTF? I order a DKMGT in cobalt blue for a customer of mine. I told him how great the guitar is and how great JAcksons are and what happens?
    The friggin volume pot goes out. So i ordered another one for replacement. And what happens with that one? Well the same friggin thing. The kid only had iot for a week each time. and the pot craps out. TF is that? now I look like a real
    @ss to his parents and him. I praise Jackson left and right and they fuk me over by sneding two identical guitars with bad pots. WTF is that?
    If I saound a little annoyed I am.
    Damn i hate when that happens.
    I would expect something like this form Ibanez or Squier but not Jackson. I've never had an issue with a JAckson Ive bought new or used.
    No this. Has anybody heard anythiong about a bad batch of pots or bad Afterburners? or anything
    I'm so annoyed and disapointed in them right now.
    Gil

Re: GRrrrrrrrr ARRRRRRRRGH

Upgrade him with some DiMarzio or CTS pots or something instead of the crappy import pots. I've never heard of pots going that quickly, but who knows?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A friend of mine here in the UK bought a neck thru Rhoads with two Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups in it. The guitar shop had two in stock, a red and a blue one. They had a toggle switch, two volumes and one tone. Both guitars had the same problem; a bad earth and volume bleed through from both pickups. If you wound one volume all the way back, you could still hear the pickup you backed off. The shop ordered another one, this did the same. Now the shop has tested all of its new import Jackson stock, Kelly, Dinky, Soloist etc, they're all the same.

Sean.

Comment

I to have had a volume pot failure. It was on a new js30 replaced it with a cts pot works perfectly now.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I had a DXMG and the volume didn't work properly....it seemed that it had a bad earth connection.

Comment

The one on my Kelly had to be replaced aswell

Comment

Both my DKMGT and my KVX10 have worked perfectly since I got them... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And that's almost 1 1/2 years for the DKMGT actually. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It seems I have been really lucky with my imports... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Sean, the bleedthrough problem you just described will always happen with dual volumes unless you wire in a small resistor in the circuit. KE talks about this tech tip on his website. So you can't really fault Jackson for the "flaw."
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The "Red Storm" graphic Jackson I had did the same thing at the switch for the middle pickup. I would solder it up and after a few days or a week, it would crap out again. What I ended up having to do was desolder the connection and hit the contact with a wire wheel on my Dremel tool. I cleaned it down to where it looked virgin and resoldered. That did the trick. I think there may have been something up with the contact having a weird plating or maybe some oil on it that kept it from getting a good bond with the solder, regardless of the irons heat. Such a problem is not Jacksons fault.

Comment

I actually soldered a resistor in my Washburn Dime333 today because of a bleedthrough problem. I had read the tip on Kevin Easton's website last week. I soldered it in between the red wire going from the input jack to the tone pot. I figured the red one was the "hot" one.
                    It didn't help. I also had a black wire going from the input jack to the tone pot, so I tried the resistor in between there as well. When I did that all I got was extra noise.
                    Why won't it work?

Comment

I feel the same way. I told a friend to get a jackson and the volume pot went within a week. that was like 3 weeks ago. so I ripped one out of an old westone I had laying around and now its great. Damn I felt crappy about telling him "get jackson" and that happpened. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Played a DKMG at GC the other day....bad pot.
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I sell quite a few Jacksons over here in England and over the past few years I`ve had to replace countless pots on non US guitars. Even straight out of the box, the pots have crackled and cut out. I always replace them with high quality pots as I feel it`s very important that the customer is totally satisfied with their purchase. Just don`t talk to me about Epiphone 3 Way Toggles, they must be made in the same factory!!!!
                          Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                            Sean, the bleedthrough problem you just described will always happen with dual volumes unless you wire in a small resistor in the circuit. KE talks about this tech tip on his website. So you can't really fault Jackson for the "flaw."
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, Joe, you are correct. All Les Pauls do that, and my Hamer does that with the chrome EMG 81s I put in... it's volume/volume/tone. To me, it's actually a neat little effect, like a minimum volume setting you'd do on a volume pedal. Though, turning both volumes off will stop the problem.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My LP Custom did that when I swapped the bridge pickup for a 500T - turn the volume off and you still get bleedthrough - however, it does provide a neat effect, especially if you use a wild flange on it (not tremoloic, but something with a long sharp sweep).

Also, Jackson cuts their manufacturing costs with cheaper pots/switches, not wood. From what I've seen, other imports cut cost in the wood, and use better pots/switches. Which one is easier to replace? I think I'd take the Jackson and spend a few bucks on new knobs rather than a new neck.

Newc

[ August 13, 2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X