GRrrrrrrrr ARRRRRRRRGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GRrrrrrrrr ARRRRRRRRGH

On two volume guitars like LP's and Rhoads' there is a way to do it that doesn't require a resistor. It is the way the voumes are wired up, if they are independant master volumes or not. My LP and Gibson V didn't have this problem and when I got my Rhoads rewired with EMG's I had the bleedthru problem, whereas I wanted the complete silence I was used to. The tech at the time wasn't familiar and thought it was normal but I showed him my other guitars and he looked into it and discovered wiring the volumes up differently. I think it's the independant volume funtion which works.

But yeah, ask guys at the music store about it and they say it's normal, but I thought it was un-normal...lol...want to do the toggle switch Ace trick!!!

Comment

I rewired my KV Pro (2 volume) to have both volumes active at the same time (pickups to switch, switch to knobs, knobs to output) and at first was going to make it right, but I got to playing around with it and the front knob rolls down to a more trebly tone, great for cleans, and the rear volume rolls down to a Tony Iommi rhythm tone, which means I can leave my gain where it is for leads and back the rear volume knob off to cut the saturation for rhythm, but not lose the bassier tone like you normally do with a single-volume layout [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well he came in on my day off and ordered a friggin Schecter Omen 6. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
        say it isnt so!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong the Schecter stuff is nice but why step down from a DKMGT to a Omen 6? Because its blue? Over a volume pot it's just silly. Although he is the one that will be playing the guitar every day. But its just annoying that two guitars did the same thing. I talked to my tech at work and he said its no bug deal. ( which I realize as i do these things myself) But it was a customer satisfaction issue. According to him it know requires a Fender pot or something (which I find odd since they didnt use Fender pots in Japan when they built it.
        Oh well life goes on.
        Gil

Comment

Working...
        X