No announcement yet.

what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a ton of super responses here. Unless you send the exact specs for your neck it will be hard to replicate it. and that's just the neck. You will always love the one you have and a new one will have its character too. Maybe you could think of each guitar as a different mood. I play my strat when I'm feeling mellow and bluesy. I play my LTD when I'm wanting to rock. I play my Kelly when I'm feeling aggressive. I also compose the same way, using different guitars depending on what I'm writing.
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
      There are a ton of super responses here. Unless you send the exact specs for your neck it will be hard to replicate it. and that's just the neck. You will always love the one you have and a new one will have its character too. Maybe you could think of each guitar as a different mood. I play my strat when I'm feeling mellow and bluesy. I play my LTD when I'm wanting to rock. I play my Kelly when I'm feeling aggressive. I also compose the same way, using different guitars depending on what I'm writing.
      I guess some background info might have helped: I have a bunch of axes that cover most of the bases I hit with my band and my own personal musical pursuits. Much like what you detailed- Strat for bluesy mellow stuff, Paul for classic rock/hard rock, Charvel CS Star & Hamers for shred & metal, RR Ex for sludgy and down tuned crush, etc etc etc. But what I'm getting from folks responses is that it's fool's errand to try and outright duplicate my fave- the Rising Sun Star.

I didn't want to copy the Charvel exactly, just to make similar in playability, features & looks. I've boiled it down to wanting all axes to be 24 frets and floating Floyd equipped. Then varying between active and passive pups and tone woods. The 2nd Star is probably my attempt at simplifying my stage axes to just two- the cs Stars: One passive, one active.

Hope you're wrong about the necks though. That's one of the best aspects of the Rising Sun. Fucking neck is off the hook badass. I did specify in the work order for them to duplicate the neck on my Star. Specifically, identifying it as the San Dimas type and the work order number of the original. Not sure if that'll help.
      Last edited by vector; 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Having owned multiple sets of identical guitars, in some cases right down to duplicates in different finishes with consecutive serial numbers, I can say with some certainty that you'll NEVER duplicate the great one. The most probable outcome will be that one will become your favorite and the other little-used.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
          Having owned multiple sets of identical guitars, in some cases right down to duplicates in different finishes with consecutive serial numbers, I can say with some certainty that you'll NEVER duplicate the great one. The most probable outcome will be that one will become your favorite and the other little-used.
          I'm okay with that. Like I said, I wondered whether it was worth it to try and duplicate the "one" and it sounds like my instincts were on. I changed up the cs Star on order so as to cover all my bases with the stuff we play at shows.

Comment

Well there you go. as far as the neck, if you specified the specs for it I'll bet your new one will be just as good if not better.
            Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
            2007 Jackson DK2M
            1983 Kramer Pacer Special
            2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
            2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
              Well there you go. as far as the neck, if you specified the specs for it I'll bet your new one will be just as good if not better.
              That I did, cullenszoo. That I did. Matt is a good peeps. He'll see to it that they at least try to duplicate the neck. Maybe you're right- maybe it'll be even a little bit better! F*ck yeah!

Comment

Working...
              X