No announcement yet.

USED stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one too its a USA Jackson JJP.I was told by the dealer it was a return he bought off AMS at their Knoxville Tn warehouse.
    It had been returned for a finish flaw (small chip on the lower cut out).
    Used stamp and blank neck plate with a serial number sticker.AMS stock number I guess.
    I can't remember what year it is to be honest I would have to pull the neck off again but the original serial number is in the neck pocket.
    Killer 11 lb mahogany guitar.

Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Who is MIRC? Jackson was owned by AMIC (Akai Musical Instrument Corp.) before Fender.
      MIRC = Musical Instrument Reclamation Corporation
      Wholesale supplier of used/reconditioned instruments.
      -Rick

Comment

Ah, I see.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          MIRC = Musical Instrument Reclamation Corporation
          Wholesale supplier of used/reconditioned instruments.
          As well as factory 2nds, over runs, fire sales, etc. What impresses me is they save these things from being wood chips, fix issues and put a nice instrument out there at a low price.
          Also, if you bought it from a shop and they can't tell you about the stamp, they didn't buy it from MIRC.
          Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
          2007 Jackson DK2M
          1983 Kramer Pacer Special
          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
          2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding the Used stamp. This explains the Jackson AT2T I bought off ebay back in ’01 or ’02 that had this stamp and the sticker serial number on the neckplate. I honestly thought it was stamped Used by some shop it came thru. I figured the serial number sticker was placed there just to helped identify it in inventory.

I was into the wood feel of necks back then and sanded off the finish as well as the stamp on the back of the neck. I couldn’t get used to the wrap around stoptail bridge and ended up trading it straight up at GC for a used Soldano 2x12 cab with V30s…I was stoked on that trade!

Here’s an AT1 currently on Ebay with the same stamp and serial number sticker:
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I understand that they stamp them for the stated reasons, but I still don't like how they ago about it. Some of the stamps crack the finish and I wish they had another way of going about it.

Comment

im just about 35 miles from you Cullenszoo. you ever wanna sell that kelly, let me know PLEASE!!!
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

sent you a pm.

Currently Shredding:
                  2007 Jackson DK2M
                  2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by kermitz View Post
                    I understand that they stamp them for the stated reasons, but I still don't like how they ago about it. Some of the stamps crack the finish and I wish they had another way of going about it.
                    It's one thing when we're looking at a neck that has no real clear coat but it does a number on the paint and finishes. It would almost be better if they used a heated brand or something.

Currently Shredding:
                    2007 Jackson DK2M
                    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Working...
                    X