Backing tracks on the web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing tracks on the web

I'm looking for backing tracks (for free) if possible. I've been all over the internet trying to get some. I've found a few, but they're so cheezy. Any suggestions or websites that you guys like, that have a good backing tracks. I'm thinking some randy rhoads ozzy, would be fun.
    Thanks

Re: Backing tracks on the web

Have a look in the MP3 section

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey...I don't know about the web...but something that works really well is the Rhythm Bandit that was around till the early/mid 90's. It is just a passive lil black box that isolates the rhythm or lead tracks on a recording to transcribe easier.

I use mine both ways, and have also recorded stuff to play against before to work out timing.

I bought mine off the bay for like $15.....I don't know if they are still made or not....but if you can find it they are worth it.

Hope this helps ya out.

Comment

I have been to the MP3 section many times. The tunes that are there, just dont do much for me.
        I will definatly check out the lil black box though. Thanx.

Comment

If you're looking for semi-professionally recorded/played backing tracks for free, you won't find them. It takes a lot of work to learn how to play someone else's parts identically on whatever instrument, and it costs money to record them with a decent believable tone. The best you're going to find ever is a MIDI-based backing track or something "almost" that someone did with a drum machine.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok....skip the free part. I'll pay if they're good sounding backings. Any more suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X