No more new Jacksons in GC - Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more new Jacksons in GC - Part II

I started a post a couple weeks about not seeing new Jacksons at any of the Guitar Centers in my area...about four GCs within 30 miles of me. So today I'm shooting the shit with the luthier that sets up my guitars and I ask him about it. Now this guy is a NAMM member, goes to the show in Anaheim every year (we're in So Cal), used to work for Leo, knows Rissi, knows Wayne, knows Grover,yada yada yada....so he knows people in the industry and knows what's going on. So anyways, he tells me GC got caught selling B marked Jacksons (his words, not mine) as new for full price. And that's why Fender pulled Jacksons from GC. I'm just saying that's what he told me...

Now for the good news....I asked him about the Made In Japan situation...he says there is still a full run of MIJ Charvels that are yet to hit the market and from what he saw at the NAMM booth these guitars are the "tits". Again, his words....which i'm translating as very nice. He thinks they should be in stores in June but doesn't know which chain will be getting them. He told me a bunch of stuff, but that was hours ago and i forgot most of it by now.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by gerryl98; 04-06-2012, 01:14 AM.

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
    So anyways, he tells me GC got caught selling B marked Jacksons (his words, not mine) as new for full price. And that's why Fender pulled Jacksons from GC. I'm just saying that's what he told me...
    That doesn't surprise me one bit, and if this happened, it's not stupid sales personnel that did this but upper management, which makes it less slimy but more fraudulent.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't know whats up with GC but if they keep screwing around they'll put themselves out of business.
      Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
      2007 Jackson DK2M
      1983 Kramer Pacer Special
      2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
      2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

I just saw a new jackson a few weeks ago in GC- x series. They only have so much room and half of it is filled with Gibsons and Fenders. Doesn't leave much space for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          I just saw a new jackson a few weeks ago in GC- x series. They only have so much room and half of it is filled with Gibsons and Fenders. Doesn't leave much space for everything else.
          I saw the same in a GC in Dallas a few weeks ago as well. Was also told by one guy they had quite a few NAMM guitars on the way and 1/2 dozen other customs. At NAMM I did see Guitar Center cards on some of the Jackson's.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The GC in Knoxville,TN has more Jackson's with the used gear then they have new on the wall. Last time I asked them about it they said they put them up when they come in but they don't get a lot. I don't know that Fender would pull the Jackson line from such a large retailer. They can't really afford to limit themselves while they are trying to revamp the company. On the other hand, limited numbers available keep the aftermarket value up. God knows when a new one comes along it gets scarfed up pretty quick.

Currently Shredding:
            2007 Jackson DK2M
            2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

The last time I was at guitar center was Superbowl Sunday so maybe with the new line all is forgiven. But I swear before that Sunday you could not find a new DK or RR in store.

Comment

That's because the x series were only being sold online when they first came out and with the japanese factory closing there was no stock from there.

Comment

I went to GC yesterday and saw a bunch of new Jackson X Series.

Comment

What's with Canada getting all the good stuff?

Currently Shredding:
                    2007 Jackson DK2M
                    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
                      What's with Canada getting all the good stuff?
                      I went to the one in Detroit

OH also they took down their Jackson sign, so I asked if I could have it and the guy said they were moving it because they have some new ones coming in.

Comment

The X series has been selling quickly at the GC near me I missed a nice quilt top soloist.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The X series has been selling quickly at the GC near me I missed a nice quilt top soloist.
                          the one I saw had the worst quilt top I've ever seen.

Comment

I rarely see any Jacksons around Austin GCs, and have yet to ever see a Charvel. I don't go there much, only for strings and picks. Big spender I am.

Comment

Seems like we hear some slightly different version of this "GC no longer carrying Jackson" story every few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X