No more new Jacksons in GC - Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
    While I agree with your sentiment, in the "real" world it likely rarely plays out that way. Alot of these salesman are paid small bucks & get rewarded by hitting a bonus or paid on commission. To put it in a friends perspective, who used to do home electronics sales, the customer rolling in who wants that $40 DVD player will take up 45 minutes-hour & you get squat for commission. All the while another customer pops in, who wants to do things "right" gets another salesperson. This guy spends 45 minutes-hour and sells a Large LCD or Plasma TV, a high quality DVR &/or Blue ray player, Monster power supply/surge protector, & some high quality cables to connect everything. And here is where the commission is at. True maybe 2-3 years down the road the guy who wanted that $40 DVD player is financially better off and looking for a better system, but these salespeople have to put food on the table this month & wory about 2 or 3 years down the road later.
    I must respectfully disagree with that approach to sales.
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

you guys that are in knox, i got a great tech up here in seymour. anything i dont wanna do or cant do (like ANYTHING to do w my amp lol) i farm out to him. good prices too. pm me if you want his name and number. btw, this is how good he is: i got a fernandes fsk-401 sustainer unit, and he had it out of the box, in the guitar and working perfectly in an hour, and it was the first he ever did. the man knows his shit.
      Last edited by jacksonkellyfreak; 04-26-2012, 04:44 AM.
      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
        you guys that are in knox, i got a great tech up here in seymour. anything i dont wanna do or cant do (like ANYTHING to do w my amp lol) i farm out to him. good prices too. pm me if you want his name and number. btw, this is how good he is: i got a fernandes fsk-401 sustainer unit, and he had it out of the box, in the guitar and working perfectly in an hour, and it was the first he ever did. the man knows his shit.
        To be fair those come with pretty good documentation

Comment

Simple economics. There's no way GC is going to waste space on guitars that they can't sell. The last new USA Jackson I saw at a GC sat there for 3 years. They never sold it at that store - they finally gave up and sent it to another store instead. It's probably still hanging there.

If USA Jackson's become popular again then you won't be able to walk into a GC without tripping over one.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It's just sad that they move so many USA Gibsons, but no one buys USA Jacksons. Either way, GC blows. The smaller shops will treat you better and make you feel comfortable, even if you're just buying picks. Hell, even Sam Ash feels better than GC

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
              It's just sad that they move so many USA Gibsons, but no one buys USA Jacksons. Either way, GC blows. The smaller shops will treat you better and make you feel comfortable, even if you're just buying picks. Hell, even Sam Ash feels better than GC
              There are no absolutes here. The Sam Ash near me sucks balls and the GC is pretty good. There's a half dozen smaller shops around here - they ain't all so special.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                There are no absolutes here. The Sam Ash near me sucks balls and the GC is pretty good. There's a half dozen smaller shops around here - they ain't all so special.
                Very true. Bad employees make any company's image, but MF/GC havd fucked me over in the past, so they get none of my business

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
                  Very true. Bad employees make any company's image, but MF/GC havd fucked me over in the past, so they get none of my business
                  I promise you that you can't name a single dealer that hasn't disappointed somebody. MF/GC are a big target so they're going to have a lot more dings.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    I promise you that you can't name a single dealer that hasn't disappointed somebody. MF/GC are a big target so they're going to have a lot more dings.
                    Very true, but I give everyone a chance or two. They blew both of theirs for me personally

Comment

I can't be there all the time Ron Bu ti do my best. However we dont get to many Used JAckson or Charvels. But when we do they do get id'd to the best of my ability. At least for country of origin.
                      Gil

Comment

It used to be that GC in my area had some really cool stuff. PRS and Gibson Historic all over the place. Nowadays they have shifted to PRS SE , EPI and low end Ibanez. Guess the market is tough all over.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'll stick to my craigslist. no charge to post, no gas to get there, and sooner or later you see a little of everything.

Currently Shredding:
                          2007 Jackson DK2M
                          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
                            If I were King of guitar center I would have a staff like hooters. The sales people would be smokin hot chicks that tell you everything makes you look or sound "hot!" Talk about "up selling" Then I would have a hand full of guitar gurus who keep up on everything there is to know and can work on anything.
                            I'd be closing in a month cause I sell everything out!
                            But hey, thats just me
                            Need a partner? lol
                            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Shoot yeah, I mean let's face it, not everybody goes to hooters for the wings!
                              As for customer service, I think there has been a vicious circle in the music instrument biz. I think the guys who own or work in shops now used to visit the shops when they were growing up. They were treated as inferior and a newbie who knows nothing. (run into that here from time to time) So, when they had been playing for a while and their band sucked wind, they got a job at a music store and now they look down at people who come in.
                              I'd love to find out how some famous artists used to get treated when they first started out?
                              GC really should work on their stores having the same standard. For the last few years I have walked in there with over $3,000 in my pocket ready to buy what ever I wanted. Each time I walked out without buying because they acted like they didn't want to sell me anything. Trust me, if I have a NGD, it ain't because I went to GC.

Currently Shredding:
                              2007 Jackson DK2M
                              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
                                For the last few years I have walked in there with over $3,000 in my pocket ready to buy what ever I wanted. Each time I walked out without buying because they acted like they didn't want to sell me anything.
                                Next time, wave that cash around in the air as soon as you walk in!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X