Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Performer - What model are pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Performer - What model are pickups?

Hi Jacksonites -
    Just got another Jackson, a Kelly Performer #9606745. Pulled the pickups to see which models were used. Did not see any marking on back anywhere. Pickups are Jackson humbuckers, no screws, just flat polished pole tops on each coil. The bridge PU has a copper colored back and the neck's PU is brass colored. Anyone know which models these are?
    I've got a set of Duncan Designed from a DX10 I was thinking about putting in it. Any comments which set might be better?

Re: Kelly Performer - What model are pickups?

they both should be j70 pickups ( unless there has been a swap somewhere down the road). you'll have to be the ears on pickup choice. Both should have similar "drawbacks" - lots of treble in the bridge and lots of bass in the neck. I wasn't really fond of them myself, and could never get an even, pleasing tone from the dd's or the jacksons. If buying new pickups ins't an option for you I would suggest leaving the j70's in the kelly.

Comment

Re: Kelly Performer - What model are pickups?

Alright, sounds like the info I was looking for. I appreciate it, oh wise one [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . I've got a Dinky R I can throw the Duncans in. I was curious as I noticed they used the DDs in the KE2.

Comment

Working...
      X