DK2M "Floyds"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M "Floyds"

How are the LFR on the DK2M's? I have a BC Rich ASM and its not the best.
    I've had Deans and they were pretty good on those. New to Jackson and just
    want to hear from the experts.

Thanks
    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
    LTD EC401VF
    Gibby Les Paul
    Ibanez RG220D O Natural
    Fender Parts Caster
    Oranger Tiny Terror Head
    2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
    TU2 Tuner
    Dunlop Cantrell Wah
    Fulltone 70's Fuzz
    Fulltone Distortion Pro1
    Fulltone Mosfet 2
    Fulltone OCD OD
    Fulltone Deja Vibe

They're the same as the JT580s on RR3s, SL3s etc (the olders ones anyway). They're fine. I've gigged with my SL3 and had no issues, I love that fuckin guitar.
    I don't use the trem for much admittedly, but when I do, I know it'll come back to tune just fine, even after some Dimebag style shit.

Dont get me wrong, I'd like to upgrade the LFRs on my two guitars that have them, I just dont see much need just now.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Good deal..Thanks
      Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
      LTD EC401VF
      Gibby Les Paul
      Ibanez RG220D O Natural
      Fender Parts Caster
      Oranger Tiny Terror Head
      TU2 Tuner
      Dunlop Cantrell Wah
      Fulltone 70's Fuzz
      Fulltone Distortion Pro1
      Fulltone Mosfet 2
      Fulltone OCD OD
      Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

'Fucking awesome' is all I can say. Ive caned the crap out of my JT's & never had an issue with them in any way, shape or form................

.............maybe i'm doing something wrong then!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
          'Fucking awesome' is all I can say. Ive caned the crap out of my JT's & never had an issue with them in any way, shape or form................

.............maybe i'm doing something wrong then!!!!
          After playing this DK for two days now, the only thing I can say is wow. Only adjustment to do yet might be an action lower. No tuning issues at all.
          Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
          LTD EC401VF
          Gibby Les Paul
          Ibanez RG220D O Natural
          Fender Parts Caster
          Oranger Tiny Terror Head
          TU2 Tuner
          Dunlop Cantrell Wah
          Fulltone 70's Fuzz
          Fulltone Distortion Pro1
          Fulltone Mosfet 2
          Fulltone OCD OD
          Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

The LFRs on the Japanese models I've found can be hit or miss. I've owned a DK2 and the trem was ok. It was usable, but you couldn't wail on it like an OFR without it going out of tune. I've tried others in shops that were exceptional, though. The first thing I usually do when I'm trying the trem, is to 'flutter' it. Some won't do it, I have no idea what causes it.

Comment

My RR3 trem was great. Nice to use, tuning was never an issue, but then some of the parts seized and now it's just sitting all rusted to shit.

Comment

The one on my DK2 is good, but I'd like to upgrade it to a OFR some day. The Korean FR on my promod seems to sound a little better. No tuning issues with the DK2 at all, but then again I don't go nuts with the trem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                  The one on my DK2 is good, but I'd like to upgrade it to a OFR some day. The Korean FR on my promod seems to sound a little better. No tuning issues with the DK2 at all, but then again I don't go nuts with the trem.
                  Glad to hear about no tuning issues. I dont go crazy on mine either, so overall I've been very happy.
                  Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                  LTD EC401VF
                  Gibby Les Paul
                  Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                  Fender Parts Caster
                  Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                  TU2 Tuner
                  Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                  Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                  Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                  Fulltone Mosfet 2
                  Fulltone OCD OD
                  Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

All trems are hit-or-miss. I've had OFRs that didn't cut the mustard, as well as Schaller JT590s that shoulda been melted down, and I've had Lo-TRS trems that had the sweetest singing tone you've ever heard.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by chuckbat View Post
                      Glad to hear about no tuning issues. I dont go crazy on mine either, so overall I've been very happy.
                      Me too. The DK is a hell of a guitar. I'm not crazy about the singles (mine is a HSS) or the rosewood, but when you get down to business that fucker screams. No complaints on the trem, but I may upgrade to a OFR later on.

How is the MG 412? I almost bought one on CL by accident. A guy had a clean empty red one on there for cheap, and I didn't notice it was an MG series til later.

Comment

Me too. The DK is a hell of a guitar. I'm not crazy about the singles (mine is a HSS) or the rosewood, but when you get down to business that fucker screams. No complaints on the trem, but I may upgrade to a OFR later on.
                        My DK2M has the Jb in bridge and Jazz in neck, maple neck. I love it.

How is the MG 412? I almost bought one on CL by accident. A guy had a clean empty red one on there for cheap, and I didn't notice it was an MG series til later.
                        I like the MG for home practice. With BBE Sonic Stomp it sounds good. I want to get an Orange 2 X 12 (gas).
                        Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                        LTD EC401VF
                        Gibby Les Paul
                        Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                        Fender Parts Caster
                        Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                        TU2 Tuner
                        Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                        Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                        Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                        Fulltone Mosfet 2
                        Fulltone OCD OD
                        Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

I have the orange bengal dk2m with emg 81/85's and the floyd rose on that is very good. It stays in tune no matter how hard I dive... That guitar is my favorite! I also have ke3 kelly with the same bridge and never had problems with that either.

I don't see a reason for buying an original floyd rose on mine...
                          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I domt own one anymore but I agree the jt580lp is a great trem. Its all about setting it up properly

Comment

I put an OFR on my DK2M the day I got it. There was nothing wrong with the JT580, but still.....

I did have to also swap the sustain blocks because the OFR block was slightly longer.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X