Post your beaters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your beaters!

Lets see all of those well loved (beat to shit) Jackson/Charvels!
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Hmm, that would consist of at least 70% of my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Hmm, that would consist of at least 70% of my collection.
      Same here...

From my JS30 KV I got in a trade to my EBMM JP6... They must all go to war!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Hey Benoa, how do you like the JP6? Can you compare it to a soloist?
        My other signature says something funny

Comment

Was dead mint and unplayed when I got it. It has a couple of dings, scratches on the front and a chip to the back of the body. It's my beater. It's also my Holy Grail. I'm taking it to the grave.

Yeah, old pics. Deal with it. :P

Last edited by xenophobe; 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

@Cliff: Sorry, never played a soloist.

But I do own a pair of Ibanez RG550 and I could say the neck on the JP6 has a similar feel, very thin!

The back of the neck on the JP6 is not finished and it's very very smooth.

I really like the deep cutaway for the right arm in the JP6. Very confortable.

This guitar has grown on me. It become my number one guitar very quickly. I really like the simple 3 position PU switch as the middle position splits the humbuckers as single. This guitar gives you a wide range of verious tone.

I wish I had the money to own a pair of these when I'm gigging...

But... at last gig, I brought my el-cheapo JS30 KV just for fun and did half of the gig with it. The V shape is very confortable too and makes you feel like a rockstar! \m/

So as I always say, a guitar is a few pieces of wood with a 5$ pack of strings.

Get something that makes ya happy and rock on!

Feel free to ask any more questions about the JP6. It's an awesome guitar.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Xeno I always dug that black one.

88 USA body model 2 neck "rattle can bengal" is what I call it. just a mish mosh of parts, the trem springs rattle, but plays/sounds great.
              Last edited by straycat; 04-23-2012, 10:12 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

This one is "conditionally challenged" in a few spots.

Comment

This is exactly like mine sans OFR and SD Invader !!!

Last edited by horns666; 04-24-2012, 03:12 AM.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No one posted a pic of their d*ck, or their wife, or kids in response to the title? You guys are getting old
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

For my Jackson it would be my parts RR. The body was refinished. It has a lot of mistakes, the clear coat isn't thick enough because I got lazy, the back trem plate has never been on it, the frets are pretty worn out, but I don't care. It sounds awesome. The neck plate also has a pin up girl engraved into it, I'd post it but it may be considered NSFW, and I'm at work...

It's not a Jackson... but my real beater would probably be my 1989 Gibson Explorer. There's a good inch of wood missing on the top corner, there's a ton of small chips down to the wood. The neck pickup is missing a spring so it flops around in the cavity, the pickup guard is bent past the toggle switch, the switch feels like it's going to fall it, and the knife edges on the bridge will shave the skin off your hand. I bought it in this condition, on an impulse and always wondered what the story (stories) on this thing was.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Xeno I always dug that black one.
                        Thanks! It's really the first time that I've owned a guitar that overshadows anything else I've ever owned, so much that I don't really need any other guitars anymore.

It's kind of amazing that it was discovered on ebay for $500 BIN with one horrible picture and almost no description but shipped in time-capsule condition with final wiring never completed until 12 years later. The discussion thread barely got any attention other than "fake". lol
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

these are all beaters, they look a lot cleaner in the pics than in person.

old news my poor mod 6

musikraft mutt, its a decent rattle can paint job at best, but it plays & sounds great

another mutt, MI? fender floyd body, woodburn neck, its got a BL500L in it for now.

Comment

It's not currently very "beat" but since aquiring it, it has become my go to guitar. No probs with the neck and it's got a neck feel that I love as well as tone that would surprise the hell out of anyone in here. The pickups aren't stock, and I don't have a clue wth they are, but I don't give a shit. Yeah it's an Epiphone. Yes it's a bolt-on. No it doesn't have a FR. It goes against damn near everything that gets praised in this forum and I expect to get a bunch of shit about it (as usual) so say what you want but I love it.

P.S. - It was "purchased" for a grand total of $2.10 (the cost of a bus pass to go pick it up) after spotting a recent "come get the damn thing" ad on CraigsList. At that price I'd have been stupid to pass it up.
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X