Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PS-1 Performer question

Hello!

I have a question on these Jackson models.
    There seem to be flowing around a few different st up models.
    I have a 24 fret HSH Performer Ps-1 but there are also 22 fret HSS models. Also I saw models with a fixed bridge instead of my JT 500
    When was mine build? I bought it in 95 I think... And are the 22 fret models older or newer.

Serial is 5000708
    Thanks

Re: Jackson PS-1 Performer question

The HSH model is the PS-4 actually. Performer is the name of that line: PS-1 through PS-7 are the different models in the line. They were made from 1995-98 as I recall.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, the headstock has a plastic plate which sais: PS-1

Behind the logo it sais: Performer

So it can't be a PS-4 right?

Comment

The PS4 had H/S/H, a JT500 Floyd, and reversed headstock. The PS1 had H/S/S, a vintage trem, a black pickguard and a regular headstock. Period.

That plastic plate, the trussrod-cover, could easily have been switched out for some reason.

Comment

I tried to get the info Dave supplied, but the resolution of the sales folder at

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive.../sf95perf.html

isn't too hot [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had one (for a very short while) and if it says performer and it is HSH, it definately is a PS4

Harrald

Comment

I find this all very strange. Mine is surely no PS-4 since I have a regular headstock

Comment

So your guitar is H/S/H and has 24 frets, a regular headstock and a JT500...hmm...could this be a mutt of some sort? Body and trem from a PS4 (which is the only one with H/S/H and a JT500), neck from a PS2 or PS6 (which are the two that have 24 frets and regular head), and trussrodcover from a PS1? Seems kinda unlikely, though.

You don´t have a pic, perhaps?

Comment

okay some pics, bear in mind that the original bridge pickup has been replaced by a Dimarzio:

Comment

Hmm, that bridge looks awfully much like a Schaller to me. So as far as I can see it´s a PS1 body with an added neck humbucker and routed for a Schaller trem, and a PS2/PS6 neck with a PS1 trussrodcover. Unless, of course, the PS1 had 24 frets at some occasion....in that case it´s simply a PS1 with added neck hum and Schaller Floyd.

Comment

Well, it's the right trem for that era. From the old MOAIP** pages it states that the first PS-1 had a JT500 tremolo. So what you have there is an early PS-1, year 1994. And since the bridge pickup was replaced by a DiMarzio, it's concievable to believe that the original owner moved it to the neck position and removed the other single coil that is supposed to be there.

** Before anyone jumps on me about the accuracy of the original MOAIP pages, let's just say that it's the best documentation we have... Yet. Kevin E. did a lot of hard work on it and I'm not abandoning it completely. And please don't ask to see the old pages, I'm busy working on the new ones.

[ August 21, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Where is that big topic on trems again?

Comment

Uhm... I put the Dimarzio in myself...

The HSH config is original, I could see that on the pickguard.

Comment

So the JT500 is actually a Schaller? That might explain why this trem doesn't wear one bit while my 580LP wears like hell.

Comment

The JT500 is similar in design to the Schaller (JT590) but there are some differences mostly in quality of material used.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X