Jeff Hanneman Jackson signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman Jackson signature

Why was he never given a signature? Especially seeing as Mustaine had one. Please speculate!

Nah he just had that custom soloist with the Kahler and stickers on it. I can't recall if he had any others, but he never had a signature. Which is shit because if he did I would totally of gotten one, (the only thing holding me back from getting an ESP JH in Urban Camo are the inlays, that and the wonky ass knob layout).

Comment

He has been endorsed by ESP since around 1990, if you see the Seasons in the abyss video, he is using the Raiders ESP, which is basically a copy of the DK soloist

I read somewhere in an interview that the last guitar he actually paid for was the Soloist with the DK logo on it, all his ESP's have been free

Comment

when did hanneman play a jackson? i remember on live undead he was playing a floyded les paul. then i thought he went to a bc rich.
        just wondering?
        Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
        LTD EC401VF
        Gibby Les Paul
        Ibanez RG220D O Natural
        Fender Parts Caster
        Oranger Tiny Terror Head
        2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
        TU2 Tuner
        Dunlop Cantrell Wah
        Fulltone 70's Fuzz
        Fulltone Distortion Pro1
        Fulltone Mosfet 2
        Fulltone OCD OD
        Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Originally posted by chuckbat View Post
          when did hanneman play a jackson? i remember on live undead he was playing a floyded les paul. then i thought he went to a bc rich.
          just wondering?
          In the late 80s he had an SL2 with kahler + 2EMGs.

Google it for pics.

Comment

He used that Soloist A LOT. It was his main (and apparently still favourite) guitar for a long time - among other things, it's in the bloodline video, which I think was it's last appearance (retirement beckoned)....

Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by chuckbat View Post
              just wondering?
              I'm pretty sure that was a Kahler on that LP.

There's been footage of him playing the Jackson over the years. The earliest I know of is from the video of War Ensemble. This shows the Jackson in its earliest form: Those wide covered Jackson pickups and JT-6 behind the nut stringlock. He mentioned in a period interview, that he used one of Jackson's preamps on the guitars, and King used those BC Rich preamps.

Based on those features, I believe it to be made in '87 or '88. Here's the vid:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

From what I heard (don't know how true it is) but this guitar was caked in fake blood so much he had to retire it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that was a Kahler on that LP.

There's been footage of him playing the Jackson over the years. The earliest I know of is from the video of War Ensemble. This shows the Jackson in its earliest form: Those wide covered Jackson pickups and JT-6 behind the nut stringlock. He mentioned in a period interview, that he used one of Jackson's preamps on the guitars, and King used those BC Rich preamps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkYHiSFenM
                  Cool video.. Thanks
                  Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                  LTD EC401VF
                  Gibby Les Paul
                  Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                  Fender Parts Caster
                  Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                  2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                  TU2 Tuner
                  Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                  Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                  Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                  Fulltone Mosfet 2
                  Fulltone OCD OD
                  Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkYHiSFenM
                    And at some point, he got the behind-the-nut lock changed to a real Floyd nut.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoopu2 View Post
                      From what I heard (don't know how true it is) but this guitar was caked in fake blood so much he had to retire it.
                      Could be. But I also remember him saying he sweats like crazy and said he's had to gut the electronics a few times and rebuild it.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X