yt: Jackson J50BC, J80, J90, SD SH4, EMG81 comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yt: Jackson J50BC, J80, J90, SD SH4, EMG81 comparison

Here's a video for you comparing those pickups..
    I love the EMG as well as the J50BC (those two obviously have a very different output volume, but both have great tone).
    The J90C is pretty cool too (reminds me of a Duncan Distortion)
    The J80 is like a better sounding SH4 IMO (those two are quite similar, the J80 sounds just a bit more balanced I think).

but hear for yourselves:

Nice. Good job. Are they all in the same model guitar or all different? I like the j80 & 50. They sound thick. The emg sounds nice, but would sound better with the 85 IMO. I love the 85 at the bridge and 81 at the neck. Yeah, I'm crazy like that ha ha

Comment

they're actually in the very same guitar (the one on the pic)...got some soldering done today

Comment

Probably these tiny computer speakers at work, but I can't hear a difference between any of them except the EMG.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I won't be able to listen til later, but that is a sweet looking axe.

I have a J50BC (no boost) in a 88 Dinky and it sounds phenominal. This is my axe for getting an EVH tone.

I have a J50BC (JE-1200) in a Model 6, and I'm not sure if I like it LOL!

I have a J80C (JE-1200) in another Model 6, pure love.

I have a J80C (JE-1200) in a Model 4, love that too.

I have J90Cs (no boost) in a 550XL, 5FX, and a Fusion Deluxe. Not sure if I like it in the Fusion, but it's good in the other two.

So from my experiences, there could be impacts from the pickups being not 100% exact (Made in US vs. MIJ), and being loaded in different guitars, and depending on if a boost is present or not.

Comment

I'm rocking a J50BC in the bridge of my 94 Kelly Pro with a Blackout Modular Preamp and it's just awesome.

Comment

I love the J50BC in my strathead... it's a much lower output pickup than something like the EMG or J95, but it has a really nice EQ curve and cuts through highly processed guitar tone much better than a standard EMG81.

Nice vid! I lol'd at the ending.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                Probably these tiny computer speakers at work, but I can't hear a difference between any of them except the EMG.
                Well I have a set of headphones on wich are pretty good,... but I'm having the same trouble as you
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Hmm im on my phone(samsung galaxyS) and I can hear it. The 50 & 80 have way more chunk than the 90. Emg has just a lil more high than the 50/80. Duncan sounds pretty chunky too, just a slight difference from 50 & 80

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    Well I have a set of headphones on wich are pretty good,... but I'm having the same trouble as you
                    Same here.

Comment

Great informative video, thanks for taking the time to make it and share it.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                      X