Need ideas for a strathead build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas for a strathead build

I bought a pro-mod neck on ebay, and a black Jackson replacement decal.

Not exactly sure what direction I want to go with this.

I like DeMartini crossed swords, Lynch Bengal, maybe the Adrian Smith Jackson in the video Wasted Years.

And while in a store yesterday I saw one of the MIC Charvel single hum Star in white. But a strathead looks funny on a Star The ideas seem endless.

Suggestions?

I guess I should have planned this out better, but the neck was $190 and looks flamed so I jumped on it, and then I saw the decal and thought I should get it just in case.

I'm liking the crossed swords
    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
    LTD EC401VF
    Gibby Les Paul
    Ibanez RG220D O Natural
    Fender Parts Caster
    Oranger Tiny Terror Head
    2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
    TU2 Tuner
    Dunlop Cantrell Wah
    Fulltone 70's Fuzz
    Fulltone Distortion Pro1
    Fulltone Mosfet 2
    Fulltone OCD OD
    Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

the Adrian strat, IMO you cant go wrong w a black floyded super strat w maple board.

Comment

hot rod flames

Comment

Lately i've been wanting gold hardware. Gold Floyd, tuners, knobs!!

Comment

rising sun with maple
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Great price!
              I would go with a natural wood body Like walnut, mahogany, black korina, or Koa.

Comment

I have a black USA socal body Ive been mulling over parting with if its something youre looking for. Was thinking about doing an EVH type thing with it and always go back and fourth... letting go of stuff is hard!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I tried buying this for the body and case but lost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120907664798...torefresh=true

Comment

there's a white one up today too. may already be over though.

Comment

I have a hum single body that needs some work but its a full size Jackson or charvel body. Not sure if it was a USA or not i have had it around a while if its something that interests ya 25 plus shipping and its yours. That would give you a snake skin dimartini option. That was my intent with it to have it hydrographiced eventually. Let me know i can snap a few pics its primered at the moment sort of and sanded. It has some chuinky ding fills that i had never gotten around to do anything with.
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                        I have a hum single body that needs some work but its a full size Jackson or charvel body. Not sure if it was a USA or not i have had it around a while if its something that interests ya 25 plus shipping and its yours. That would give you a snake skin dimartini option. That was my intent with it to have it hydrographiced eventually. Let me know i can snap a few pics its primered at the moment sort of and sanded. It has some chuinky ding fills that i had never gotten around to do anything with.
                        Sold! Don't really care where it's made as long as it can fit a Charvel neck and can mount either a Floyd or a Kahler fulcrum trem. pm me the details.

Comment

PM sent man ck it out get me a number if not i can upload the pics for ya it needs some work but ya cant beat it and it is a strat body not a dinky.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

pm replied

Comment

I love the Adrian Smith idea.... I have been playing with the idea of getting an AS and hacking the shit out of it like the one he used on somewhere in time with all the synth shit. I'm not a big artist model guy but something about it appeals to me.
                              http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/...ng&link=albums

About halfway down on left. I'd have to find a non pickguarded body tho....

Lol the 5 way and knob behind the trem just crack me up.....plus it has as much shit on it as a Ripley. The control cavity must be a nightmare. I want one.... And I'm probably the only one.

Comment

Working...
                              X