Clear All

Whats not cool about a strat head star?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

looks good to me!@
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        I love the Adrian Smith idea.... I have been playing with the idea of getting an AS and hacking the shit out of it like the one he used on somewhere in time with all the synth shit. I'm not a big artist model guy but something about it appeals to me.
        Iron Maiden Fansite. Encyclopedia of all things Iron Maiden. Song-by-song commentary. Available in English and French

About halfway down on left. I'd have to find a non pickguarded body tho....

Lol the 5 way and knob behind the trem just crack me up.....plus it has as much shit on it as a Ripley. The control cavity must be a nightmare. I want one.... And I'm probably the only one.
        Iron Maiden are the reason I use the bridge/middle position so much. that little breakdown in heaven can wait is the most beautiful tone ive ever heard
        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Iron Maiden and beautiful in the same post.. Fairly certain that's a first..
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

couldnt think of any other way to describe it. i love that tone
            Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

The old favorites cock dragon or space rape

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Whats not cool about a strat head star?
                They just look better with a pointy or Gibson-type/banana headstock.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the star body looks great with those too T.J.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

For some reason, I always thought the Star looked a little strange with a Strat headstock.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1 on the star strathead looking funny. with a pointy it's awesome.

Comment

Just got home from Nashville and got to see the neck. A little used, but nice. Some flame in there too. Link to the auction because I'm tired of driving and don't feel like taking pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          I bought a pro-mod neck on ebay, and a black Jackson replacement decal.

Not exactly sure what direction I want to go with this.

I like DeMartini crossed swords, Lynch Bengal, maybe the Adrian Smith Jackson in the video Wasted Years.

And while in a store yesterday I saw one of the MIC Charvel single hum Star in white. But a strathead looks funny on a Star The ideas seem endless.

Suggestions?

I guess I should have planned this out better, but the neck was $190 and looks flamed so I jumped on it, and then I saw the decal and thought I should get it just in case.
                          Just to point it out but in the Wasted Years video Adrian is using a black Charvel San Dimas Strat , not his Jackson. Go with the Adrian Smith Jackson.It looks amazing.
                          2002 Classical Acoustic
                          2003 Cruiser by Crafter Strat
                          2003 B.C. Rich Mockingbird "Firebreather" L.E.
                          2005 Jackson DKMG
                          2003 Fender Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Satin L.E.
                          2008 Ibanez JS100
                          2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                          2009 Ibanez RG350MYE L.E.
                          2005 Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
                          1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                          2010 Jackson JS30KV
                          2010 Fender JR Telecaster
                          2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                          2010 Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
                          1988 Charvel Model 4
                          2007 Jackson RR24
                          2012 Jackson SDX Adrian Smith
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
                            Iron Maiden are the reason I use the bridge/middle position so much. that little breakdown in heaven can wait is the most beautiful tone ive ever heard
                            He gets a similar tone on Stranger in a Strange Land's solo. Might be my fav frm him.

Good shots in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                              He gets a similar tone on Stranger in a Strange Land's solo. Might be my fav frm him.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...UlA4A_jxD5V-sQ

Good shots in action.
                              I love that solo. Idk how he gets that tone to be so pronounced man. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
                                I love that solo. Idk how he gets that tone to be so pronounced man. Love it
                                If we keep up with the AS love we're going to have to get a room, but yeah....the studio version especially. Sounds like a block of ice.....just this cold, huge tone. They were using synth modules at the time so who knows what went into that tone specifically.

Comment

Working...
                                X