Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson performer

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a replacement tremolo that will drop straight into this old guitar ?

She still plays sweet just looking to give her a few upgrades there is a floyyd in there at present
    i have tried a new floyyd but it doesn't fit.

Any advice would great

Cheers

Woody

A Floyd will fit but wont fit the back rout. Either a tackeuchi (aka allparts trs 101) or a lopro Floyd will fit the rout better.
    Gil

Comment

A schaller floyd should be a direct swap. Post pics
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

EDIT: My post was silly so ive removed it, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
          EDIT: My post was silly so ive removed it, sorry.
          Did it have anything to do with polishing turds?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Many thanks guys , will let you know how I get on

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
              A Floyd will fit but wont fit the back rout. Either a tackeuchi (aka allparts trs 101) or a lopro Floyd will fit the rout better.
              Gil
              The Performer series used JT-500 trems. The TRS type trems won't fit.
              Basically he needs a JT-590 or Schaller Floyd. They are a direct replacement for the JT-500.
              -Rick

Comment

I had a low pro in mine, it was a ps2 mij. Took it back out after I fixed the taka that was in it and it fit just fine.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  I had a low pro in mine, it was a ps2 mij. Took it back out after I fixed the taka that was in it and it fit just fine.
                  Just went through the old catalogs and I guess it depends on what year it is.
                  Seems some came with JT-500's and some came with JT-580's.
                  -Rick

Comment

If it has a 580 an OFR will fit directly on it. The route will be a little off but if it's a dark finish it isn't that noticable.
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                    X