What is up with Jacksons and Floyds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with Jacksons and Floyds?

I have been a member of this board for a good while now, I am a big fan of Jackson guitars and metal music. But I often wonder why Jackson doesnt offer their awesome playing, sounding, and looking guitars with fixed bridges? I mean, I know the Jackson crowd has much to do with music that demands a dive-bomb now and then, but why does pretty much every USA have to have a floyd? I hate the damn things on the whole, and Im convinced the suck up at least a little bit of tonal resonance. An SL2 with a string thru bridge... Id be all over that. And they only make like a hundred RR1T's a year! Does anyone feel what Im sayin'?

Re: What is up with Jacksons and Floyds?

I do man, I do.

Comment

I absolutely feel ya. I've been begging for more string-thrus. I guess Jackson feels they have plenty - SLSMG, DKMGT, SLATQ, various Vs. Now they have the new SLS. I want a true Dinky body, 2 hum string-thru. Basically, a DK1 with no Floyd would be my dream guitar. My guess is it'll never happen.

Comment

I dont know, man. The new administration has seemed to have been listening to what us Jackson enthusiasts have been saying as far as what we would like to see in the future. I think they should make the design of that Camo Kelly a production model [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ! With different pain options, of course....

Comment

Ehhemm.. paint options that is....

Comment

I agree with you and I am not a big String Thru fan, I prefer Original Floyds and Kahler Pros or Tunamatic Stopbar bridges(think Gibson Les paul for the Tunamatic bridge). I wish they offered the Kahler Pro as an option without having to go Custom Shop, but I am the same guy dreaming of a 1 Hum Short Scale Soloist with a Kahler Pro and Black Hardware, but the Floyd would work, I like them both [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Hey I'm with you too. I used my floyd sparingly if at all and I'm glad now I don't have one.

Comment

Jackson is making more non Floyd guitars today than ever in their history. Only a real man can tame a Floyd. Long live the Floyd! Hail the Floyd! Floyd or Death! Bring it on boyz!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Erock420:
                  An SL2 with a string thru bridge... Id be all over that.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sorry but I have read a lot of the "what do you want new from Jackson" threads and I see tons of comments asking for fixed bridge guitars. With my limited experience I have found that Jacksons with Floyds sell much faster and easier than fixed bridge guitars. I put up a classified for a SL2GX and didn't even get a bite. I think that is why Jackson has so many models with floyds, because they sell.

BTW the SL2GX is still available... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I think what some are asking for is a less fancy version of the SL2GX, like an SL1T or SL2HT or something like that, plaun jane or with Graphics or? That shouldn`t be hard to make I wouldn`t think [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                      Jackson is making more non Floyd guitars today than ever in their history. Only a real man can tame a Floyd. Long live the Floyd! Hail the Floyd! Floyd or Death! Bring it on boyz!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      I learned to play on a Floyded guitar in the '80s when I was a teenager, so I know how to set up and tame my Floyds without any problem!! That being said, only 4 out of the 10 guitars I now own have Floyds. The other 6 have fixed bridges: Two Jackson Dinky HX models have the TOM/string-thru, a Carvin and Hamer have TOM/stoptail, and another Carvin and Strat have the Fender-type hardtail bridges. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It doesnt take a genius to set up a floyd correctly, what Im saying is that it sucks having to do that. String breakage sucks on a floyd, other notes get pulled out of tune when one is being bent, the spring make noises, dropping to drop-d requires tuning all six strings AGAIN, and even then the low E will still be slightly off. I just think they fuking suk. But every now and agin when I feel like playing hair metal solos, they can be a little bit amusing, but it seems that anything anyone tries to do with a floyd now just sounds stupid, or it sounds like they have seen Dimebag live too many times and are just ripping his squeals off. I just see no use for them, want vibrato? Use your fingers. Anything else that can be done on the bar just sounds stupid to me.
                        "Look guys! I can dive-bomb!" [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

This one is funny (to me anyway), you are wondering why Jackson doesn't turn away from the very feature which draws me to their guitars.

People buy Jackson guitars in part because of the decent trem. If they don't want a good trem, chances are they would be happier with a Fender or Gibson anyway.

Just my thoughts.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I buy Jacksons because thet are overall great guitars. That being said, I hate Floyds too, and block them right away. I can 'tame' a Floyd as well as the next guy, but it's either neglected or in the way, not to mention what a pain in the ass it can be at times. I'm a Soloist guy, so a simple, solid color SL1T would be right up my alley.

Comment

Allright I'd even settle for a non floating floyd.Who pulls the strings up anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X