Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Origin of Rising Sun graphic on J/C guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Yep, unforgivable error.

Comment

I blame supermarket sharking and girls underpants.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Hey there's some really great responses, thanks guys!

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        Japan appeared to be poised to become the dominant economic player in the world. They were buying up tons of US real estate as a means to spend all the dollars they got selling cars and such.
        This was one of the things I was thinking about and you're right. I didn't know they were buying a lots of real estate but i reckoned they became really an important player during those years, and I guess US took that competition quite positive.

so it was really the first time we dealt with them on an equal footing- not at war but also not paternalistic.
        I never really thought of it that way, especially the last part, I think that's even more important.

So a lot of it was being rebellious I guess.
        R'n'R is like that, and I guess it just fits in
        Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
          Graphically, it's a powerful image. Symbolically, it imbues the essence of bushido- victory or death, no surrender, no retreat, etc which the fanatical mindset that perhaps a lot of 80's metal-ers wanted to project.
          This.

We should project it too, it's never too late
          Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

So why was the Swastica never used then.......?
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

well, it was used in white-power hardcore....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

There are probably many examples, but I believe the popularity of the Sony Walkman in the 80's made alot of people notice the relevance of Japan.

Oh yeah, and then there was this

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                  So why was the Swastica never used then.......?
                  Because everyone would automatically assume your a racist, evil and want take over the world, even though the swastica was used thousands of years before the nazi's started using it.

This might make a bad ass paint job on a guitar though... you got me thinking...
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I know a certain saucy little monkey boy who often ends up with an arsehole that looks like a Rising Sun. It'd make a great graphic on one of his Warriors...
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'm surprised that no one has commented about it yet....

Warren Demartini's Japanese Rising Sun/Bomber graphic was definitely the first Rising Sun ever done circa 1983. All the rest (Lynch Kamikaze etc.) mentioned came later

BTW: To set the record DAMN STRAIGHT...Warren's original Crossed Swords, Bomber and Blood Skull, and the rarely seen Faces (Kabuki masks) Charvel Strats were ALL done by Glenn Matejzel, and Glenn is the one who STILL paints them for Charvel/Jackson under contract at DRL graphics...Dan Lawrence does not do these.

Glenn was also the one to apply the REAL snakeskin to Warrens Python and Anaconda snakeskin guitars back in the day...he still has a swatch from the original application!!

Today, Even the painted 'DeMartini" Snakes are done by Glenn.

EDIT: Oh yeah while were at it...Glenn painted Lynch's original Sub Camo. Not that Dan couldn't paint any of these and HAS done some for GMW but there is so much mis-information on the net about who paints what.
                      Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 05-21-2012, 11:08 PM.
                      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Well, it doesn't help that the artist's name was rarely signed/indicated.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          well, it was used in white-power hardcore....
                          Its actually a religous symbol and some people believe it to be a sort of good luck charm. Then some people are just idiots and try to use it to hurt/offend, which any of those could make sense with a music artist.
                          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                          X