80's guitarplayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 80\'s guitarplayers

I believe the guy would play any brands, as long as the guitar is pink [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ August 18, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy:
      If this guy played the guitar in the 80's, which guitar brand do you guys think he would he choose?

My vote goes to Kramer...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't put your fingers in there.....CAUSE THERES NO LIGHTBULB IN THERE ..........bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'd vote "ramer" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

JJ

Comment

It's the "kiddie mullet" that really makes that picture...

I suspect that most of us over the age of 30 on this board probably looked a lot like the guy in the photo at one time...and certainly would have done the wife in a heartbeat.

...and yes, I'm quite a bit over 30, myself... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As to that infamous Kramer photo, I remember thinking those dudes looked like a couple of wankers even when the ad was new! Of course, my goal in life at that time was to emulate Tony Iommi as closely as possible, so I guess I would have been an expert on being a wanker!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
          They're all at the local bar, with the same hairstyles, more wrinkles, and fewer
          brain cells.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Re: Kramer ad: Note also the Los Angeles area radio station stickers: KMET ("The Mighty Met")
          and of course KLOS ("Too Cool, Gotta Go!")

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wonder if the house/kids were in the LA area then?

Curious, curious

[ August 18, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A case of hairspray, a pic, brush, and a comb, suave organic mousse, and one hell of a light bill from all the curling irons and blowdryers. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

my vote goes to BC Rich-one of those flourescent mocking birds, or the animal print ones. I gotta be different.

Comment

I'd have to vote for a heavily modified Fender Strat with "In And Out Burger sticker with the "B" and "R" cut out of the burger so it reads "In And Out Urge". That was a big deal in So-Cal as there are a bunch of In And Out Burger restaurants in LA. I think 2nd place would most definately be a BC Rich (Insert Model Here) with any of the day-glo or snakeskin graphics. He's also the guy with the panty and thong collection on his wall as well as having Budweiser lables plastered on everything. I bet he'd have a heavily modified Chevy Nova in primer gray. No telling. Me back in the day............I looked more like Mick Mars. Scary........... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

I say he played a Kramer. Because Richie Sambora played a Kramer. All I see in that picture is Bon Jovi, Bon Jovi,etc............
                  Mick Mars played Kramers toooo........
                  Mick Mars, Mick Mars,etc........
                  1990 Jackson Professional
                  1992 Dean ML
                  2004 Epiphone Flying V
                  2005 Epiphone Dot
                  2009 Fender Stratocaster
                  2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                  2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                  2006 Fender P Bass
                  2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                  1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                  1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                  Custom Pedalboard
                  ADA MP1
                  ADA FX2
                  Tascam 2488

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Villalobos:
                    I'd have to vote for a heavily modified Fender Strat with "In And Out Burger sticker with the "B" and "R" cut out of the burger so it reads "In And Out Urge". That was a big deal in So-Cal as there are a bunch of In And Out Burger restaurants in LA. I think 2nd place would most definately be a BC Rich (Insert Model Here) with any of the day-glo or snakeskin graphics. He's also the guy with the panty and thong collection on his wall as well as having Budweiser lables plastered on everything. I bet he'd have a heavily modified Chevy Nova in primer gray. No telling. Me back in the day............I looked more like Mick Mars. Scary........... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmmm scary the level of detail you have in this... You know this guy?? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

here is the atomic charvel guy pre-leaving the house ritual.
                      1-paint on your jeans or lip service pants
                      2-blow dry hair for unhealthy amount of time.
                      3-use focus 21 splash hair spray, apply with pick.(like krazy glue, even works in the state of florida, hair does not fall down)
                      4-apply cut off t-shirt or skinny leather vest over bare skin.
                      5-slap on cool cowboy boots that are tricked out
                      with spurs,tips,chains, etc.
                      6- exit house, return whenever with a bad case of
                      rainbow dick. great times indeed.
                      tommy
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

hey tekky about that bass player crack.... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Tekky...I knew a sh!tload of guys like him growing up in California. He resembles Todd from Beavis and Butthead. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned/recalled that family picture in the topic starting post from that older topic about Word's desire to have hair like Jason Becker with the Aqua-whatever hairspray!!! And everyone said that family was Word's when he was younger! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X