Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese market Grover Jackson serial numbers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese market Grover Jackson serial numbers ?

Hi
    I have a Jackson "Grover Jackson" which was purchased in Japan and I do not know anything except what I have been told by Fender UK and a few different people have told me, now I believe it is a 1993 Super Dinky but from the serial number which is 7963 it is down as a Custom Shop bolt on 1994, I have been told that it is possible that it was a made in the USA Custom Shop for the early Japanese market and that is why it has a Custom Shop serial number, but anyway my question is does any one know the format for the 1993 Japanese Super Dinky's ?
    Thanks
    Subcoustic

What neck plate do you have?

A guitar with a Grover Jackson logo doesn't mean it's MIJ.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Are there any zeros preceding the other numbers?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hi Newc
        No there is no zero's it's just the 4 digit's which corresponds with the USA 1994 bolt on Custom Shop and thank you xenophobe that's what I've been told by Fender and some other Jacksonphiles.

Comment

It's pronounced soops

Comment

Hi 84sips
            Yes your right here's 3 pic's http://www.magicspace.co.uk/jackson.html
            Thanks

Comment

That's a MIJ non-US market neck plate. That's why I asked you what neck plate you had. If it were a USA, it would have the CA address on it, even if it were destined for non-US market and the neck would say "Grover Jackson - Made in USA" instead of "Jackson - Grover Jackson". If it were a US market guitar, I think it would have the Texas address on the neck plate, though I'm not entirely sure which plates Import Jacksons got here during that time frame.

The model number is probably marked on the body in the neck pocket...
              Last edited by xenophobe; 06-02-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                A guitar with a Grover Jackson logo doesn't mean it's MIJ.
                Yes, but most were. Thanks for your most recent post about the plate, though, you reinforced my contention that this is MIJ (for JDM).

If it were USA, "I believe" the plate would've had the San Dimas or Ontario address.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If it were a USA it would have a USA marked plate, however "made in USA" may not always be on the headstock.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule with Jackson. It wouldn't surprise me if there were Grover Jackson models made in India too. There's very little or even no documentation for many non-US market guitars and in some cases the only proof that something was made is if you can find one. European CX strathead models for Europe, Jake E Lee MIJ's with skunk stripe and all the US features included.

Many of the MIJ guitars were spec'd and proto'd in the US as well, and we know very little about these prototypes and can only speculate when they show up unexpectedly.
                  Last edited by xenophobe; 06-03-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks guy's it looks like I have an unusual beast ;-)

Comment

I wasn't implying that your guitar was a proto or a USA, just that they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Subcoustic View Post
                        Thanks guy's it looks like I have an unusual beast ;-)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	3545303790_no_not_really_tshirt_p235953953912871665fow6f_400_answer_1_xlarge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	2446164
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X