Neck differences between USA models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck differences between USA models

Title says it all... I have played countless RR1's and they are by far the best feeling necks I've EVER played. Believe it or not, I haven't been able to play any other USA models. The local GC never has any up here... But I'd really like to know the difference between neck among the USA models. the soloists, warrior, Kelly and the RR1's. I'd like to invest in another USA Jackson down the line, but am not sure if the other models have the same neck shape as the RR1.

Soloist will be similar, I thought Warriors & Kellys used the speed neck

Heres how i understand it, the USA selects have three neck back shapes, Standard, Speed & Dinky, the standard neck shape is what you get on a RR1 & SL1/2, The speed neck shape is a thin 'D' shape, from Mustaines KV1's, this then made it to the KV2, and then the KE2 & WR1 (i could be wrong on the kelly & warrior, never played one). The Dinky shape (DK1) is thinner again, the thinnest you will get in a non-CS Jackson, also feels very thin as it is not painted

Artist models have different necks as well, e.g. PC1

Comment

Awesome man thanks for the info. Sounds like I'd be happy with a soloist then

Comment

Just dont get a SLAT Soloist. Mine has a neck like a basebal bat...........

Comment

I have a SL2H and an RR24 (which isn't a USA, but seems to have the same neck as an RR1).

Their necks feel identical.

Comment

Working...
          X