Chavel in Rock of Ages Movie poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavel in Rock of Ages Movie poster

I've noticed there is a Charvel guitar (logo visible) in the new Rock of Ages movie poster (link here)...

http://rockofagesmovie.warnerbros.co...l/ROA_1280.jpg

Do you all think this is a good or bad thing for the Charvel brand?

I have been wanting to post this for a few days but you beat me to it.... I can appreciate what the movie is. Seems like a mediocre attempt to bring the spot light back on 80's rock. I suppose that poster is great publicity for charvel. Maybe if it brings more business in for them fender will start caring about the again

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If the movie is a hit, it could be great. Many may want to add Charvel's to their collection/live gear considering it retro (especially lightning bolt or bullseye versions). There is also a red-white bullseye guitar in the trailer. -- The broadway play (that the movie is based on) is hugely successful and taken very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
        Maybe if it brings more business in for them fender will start caring about the again
        remember that Fender introduced the So Cal & San Dimas models. Prior to that they reintroduced classic pointy headstock US Charvels. Music Zoo have commissioned loads of ridiculously hot Charvel custom runs since Fender took over Jackson. Fender brought back Charvel as the classic Hot Rodded Strat. Prior to Fender, Charvels were Dinkies with ballsac headstocks & while they had their fans, were not widely known about or highly regarded. Look up the Journeyman or Model A. Fine guitars, but not "Classic Charvel". All that other stuff? Done under Fender's reign.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

The general population won't know wtf a Charvel is, and other guitar players won't care about a Charvel on a movie poster. The only people who will even notice/care are Charvel fanbois.

Comment

Plus, going by the trailers, the movie is cheesier than a provolone factory.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That Russell Brand is a right cunt and a complete twat. Nice Charvel though, is that the old strat shape?
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Saw red/white bullseye in the TV ad, but didn't see the headstock to be sure of what it was. The movie looks like it's geared toward Glee fans to me.

Comment

Wasn't "Rock of Ages" a Broadway stage act that they simply decided to make into a movie?

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  remember that Fender introduced the So Cal & San Dimas models. Prior to that they reintroduced classic pointy headstock US Charvels. Music Zoo have commissioned loads of ridiculously hot Charvel custom runs since Fender took over Jackson. Fender brought back Charvel as the classic Hot Rodded Strat. Prior to Fender, Charvels were Dinkies with ballsac headstocks & while they had their fans, were not widely known about or highly regarded. Look up the Journeyman or Model A. Fine guitars, but not "Classic Charvel". All that other stuff? Done under Fender's reign.
                  Charvel was on the upswing when they brought out the USA So Cal and San Dimas models. Then it slipped slightly (only in status) when it went to MIJ (I only have two MIJ's). Now I feel it's fallen off the edge of the earth with the MIC stuff. Sure it's great going at the throat of the ESP LTD line, but the great days are gone by.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                    That Russell Brand is a right cunt and a complete twat. Nice Charvel though, is that the old strat shape?

I agree. And FUCK Alec Baldwin. This movie looks to be a real steaming pile of shit.

Comment

Chavel ???
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Hollywood has Glee'd my favorite decade. F'em. The Charvel looks like a Prepro that someone here had before. It's pretty.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
                          The general population won't know wtf a Charvel is, and other guitar players won't care about a Charvel on a movie poster. The only people who will even notice/care are Charvel fanbois.
                          I agree with this. Only jackson/charvel guitar players and fans are gonna notice this, like you and I.
                          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Pass...

Comment

Can't bring myself to watch anything with that whack-a-do Crazy Tom Cruise.

Still won't watch "Valkarie" because of that idiot!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X