No announcement yet.

Chavel in Rock of Ages Movie poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can deal with Tom Cruise. Valkyrie was actually a decent movie, but I like those kind of conspiracy movies. Alec Baldwin I can't stand, though. They generally typecast him in douche bag roles... because he's a douche bag.

Comment

At a local movie theater they have a large display for this movie with a fake guitar you can pose with. It's a bullseye or striped red/white strathead, non-logo'd with 3 single coils. Basically an old school, non-logo'd Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
        At a local movie theater they have a large display for this movie with a fake guitar you can pose with.
        So where's your pic, maaaaan?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          Can't bring myself to watch anything with that whack-a-do Crazy Tom Cruise.

Still won't watch "Valkarie" because of that idiot!!!!
          as much as it pains me to say it, Valkyrie was pretty good. It is a bit jarring though to hear Tommy boy surrounded by all these classically trained British actors with their perfect diction and enunciation, when Cruise drops something like a nice fat "gonna" in the middle of a sentence, just as you'd expect to hear from a well-educated well-travelled member of the German aristocracy. He was trying his hardest to sound articulate and match it with all these great Brit actors, but couldn't manage to full pronounce phrases like "going to".
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by briandrankin View Post

Do you all think this is a good or bad thing for the Charvel brand?
            there is no such thing as bad publicity.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

FWIW, the movie "Rockstar" was a complete dud, and I see this being in the same league. I dont care for any of the actors in it.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Plus, going by the trailers, the movie is cheesier than a provolone factory.
                +1 Associating our beloved Charvel with an ego-flogging project for Tom Cruise is NOT what I would do to stoke good publicity. If anything, Charvel players will ignore the film, film-goers will be ignorant of the Charvel's presence and that's the best I can say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  FWIW, the movie "Rockstar" was a complete dud, and I see this being in the same league. I dont care for any of the actors in it.
                  I loved that movie, oliphant or whatever and marky mark, you kidding? And im not sure about this one. As bad as this sounds i actually like a good musical.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Sorry Racer X. You may fire when ready.

Comment

So is that a real San Dimas or a reissue? Seems to have the small logo, crown tuners, 21 frets....

Comment

So we just got back from checking out the movie. There was some good Jackson representation in that flick. A black KV was seen being used by one of the band members throughout the whole movie. The main char had a blue Charvel, and had a promo poster in the movie with what looks like a red Jackson. And Tom Cruise used an awesome looking custom Kelly in a few scenes (once at house or something on a deck, and the second time on stage at the very end).

Comment

here you can see the KV
                          http://lostinreviews.com/wp-content/...es_photo_4.jpg

here's the blue Charvel
                          http://visualhollywood.com/movies_20..._poster_02.jpg

And this is the only pic I can find with Tom holding the Jackson, of course you can't see anything lol.
                          http://cdn04.cdn.socialitelife.com/w...05-580x435.jpg

Oh, and it looks like AMC is giving away a Jackson as a promotion
                          http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-new...m-rock-of-ages

Oh DUH! here's more info on the Jacksons
                          http://www.jacksonguitars.com/news/rockofages
                          Last edited by Codex; 06-15-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Anyone want to know why their CS orders were delayed? Watch the Jackson vid with Mike Shannon.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My girlfriend works for Warner Bros so we had to go see it. As much as I was wanting to not like it (it IS a musical), it was actually very good and entertaining. All the songs chosen were weaved into the storyline extremely well. Good acting and sets. The Jacksons and the Charvel were nice to see (there was also a black on white bullseye Jackson with shark fins on a stand or something that was only seen for a few seconds). The studio musicians that played the songs are great, I actually liked the movies version of a lot of the songs better than the original artists. I spoke to a WB person that told me they had a guitar coach for Tom Cruise to make the shots of him playing guitar look believable and it did (including the shot of him playing the Kelly on a deck. He's doing a short lead and there's a good close up of the guitar). The soundtrack is taken straight from the movie by the way.

Comment

I watched the trailer and had no idea it was a musical. And now it all makes since the poster does say "From the director of Hairspray". Ridiculous over the top big name cast. At least this one won't have John Travolta dressing up as a middle aged fat woman. I may pay the dollar to watch it from Redbox just for the guitar interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X