Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Grover Jackson leave Jackson and who did he first sell the company to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Grover Jackson leave Jackson and who did he first sell the company to?

Hi, I have a 1990 snakeskin USA soloist and I was wondering who owned the company in 1990? I know it wasn't Fender. Thank You.

IMC - International Music Corp. IIRC, Donny fuckin Wade was the top dog of that particular organization, and, according to internet rumor, edged Grover out of the company.

AKAI bought them some years later.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And it was late 1989 that Grover left for good.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Something I never understood: Jackson has been corporately owned since the IMC days, and has since traded hands between two more corporations (Akai and FMIC).

Yet people only seem to differentiate between "pre-fender and post-fender". :think:

Comment

Greg Crowe used to only collect "1989 and before" Jacksons, which would have been made while Grover was still active with the company. He always made a point of not wanting anything after that time, many others too.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Whoopu2 View Post
            Something I never understood: Jackson has been corporately owned since the IMC days, and has since traded hands between two more corporations (Akai and FMIC).

Yet people only seem to differentiate between "pre-fender and post-fender". :think:
            Actually they dont: San Dumbass period; Early Pro period; Model Period; Pre-Pro period; Toothpaste period; US Select production period, etc. More periods than in the corporation's charter...........

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              Greg Crowe used to only collect "1989 and before" Jacksons, which would have been made while Grover was still active with the company. He always made a point of not wanting anything after that time, many others too.
              That's kind of silly. Most of the absolutely best Jacksons I've touched were mid to late 90's customs....
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                Well, he did own a 1994 Dinky Reverse that I bought from him.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X