Hello From Steamy Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Steamy Florida

Just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Shawn and I live in Tampa, FLA. I am a 34 year old reformimg drummer (Minor in percussive studies at U.M.) who thinks he is going to learn to play guitar (about 6 months worth of lessons now now).

I own a DK1,Les Paul Custom, a Taylor 310, and a Schecter c-1 classic. (Not to mention tons of drum gear)

I hope to learn from all your long-toothed wisdom
    and maybe have a few laughs. I am sure to have Guitar acquisition syndrome, as I have a similar history of buying fine watches until I am blue in the face and my wife is red in the face.

Here is a Photo of the view from our house. We own the dock across the street, and I take my weekly lessons out there which is pretty cool. (yes, we have AC power out there, so I bring my little crate with me and scare the manatees half to death)

web page

Anyway, Thanks for reading, and if anyone has any suggestions as to my first real amp purchase, I would be most grateful for advice. It needs to be something managable sound-wise, and headphone jacks would rule too.

Looking forward to meeting you all and looking forward to buying lots o' guitar stuff and learning how to play these damn things.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Hello From Steamy Florida

Hey Shawn, welcome to the board. Looks like you've a pretty nice place to relax/practice. You'll find anything and everything here on guitars ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it is a pretty nice place to sit and scream when your fingers dont go where you want them to.

LOL
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Hey, I seem to have the same problem alot of the times, [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Kickass practice room! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very cool digs Shawn!
            Welcome aboard!

Comment

Hmmm, JCF bash at his place!

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Got the plane tickets booked, should be over from England by the end of the week, what time can u pick me up from the airport? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard,

Steve

Comment

Shawn,

Very nice of you to offer to host the 1st annual JCF convention! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Count on me being there! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome to the board, enjoy it! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey hey. Welcome Shawn. Hey I will be in Clearwater on vacation in October, I'll stop by for that party then.....HAHAHAHHAA.
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Those rotisseries look great!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the JCF and hello from also-steamy Biloxi, Mississippi!! NICE
                        location, man!

You can drum for the JCF Jam, then everybody will each show you our spotlight lick! Fair trade? Someone else here can probably also drum so you can get some guitar jam time in too, but I'm telling you now it won't be me! Don't thank me - I'm just not a sadist! We'll even help clean up the mess after the party! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Again, welcome! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Rich
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Tooo-GA Tooo-GA Tooo-GA!! Double Secret Probation For All! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nice place though man, glad to have ya' aboard. Welcome!

Comment

Hi there!! I live in St. Pete right across the bridge...and my band is looking for a drummer (hint, hint) Seriously, we should get together. Not about the band, but to hang out. E-mail me.

[ August 20, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: MD ]
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Shawn. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X