RIP 1987 Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP 1987 Model 6

It is with regret that I must announce the demise of my Zebra Model 6. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

After enduring numerous re-paint attempts by yours truely, she was looking foward to her new life with RacerX, so excited was she that she even went to the guitar tech for a final *tweak*

It was there that tradgedy struck. The Great Blackout of 2003!!!

Apparently during the darkness someone put a candle a little too close to a curtain, and pretty soon, a block of 4 houses went up in flames.

Among the casualties was the Model 6, burn't beyond recognition. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

This is one hell of a wierd way to lose a guitar.

On the plus side, they have insurance so I'll be able to get another one.

I feel sorry for Ron, as she was a really smooth player.

So I encourage all those considering a sale of their Model 6's to give him first crack. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

After all, he DID kick Ed Roman's ass for us. right?!? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: RIP 1987 Model 6

Geez, that's an incredible story! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I was going to pull the trigger on that guitar but RacerX beat me to it. I hope no one was hurt in the fire. Kinda makes me wonder if my homeowner's insurance would fully cover my guitars. I had a similar situation a few months back. I bought a Jackson Strat on ebay that was taking forever (over a month) to arrive. The gent who sold it wasn't answering my emails. As I was about to report it, he emailed me. He stated that there had been a fire at his shop and he lost all his computer equipment, shop equipment etc. But luckily, my guitar survived. Unfortunately, your situation wasn't so lucky. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Jim

Comment

What are the odds of that?

Comment

Probably the same as having two moths fly into your mouth, one after the other.

(Sorry, lame Kung Pow reference.)

Comment

Damn, talk about life kicking you in the balls and then in the face [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Must be the Bad Karma from kicking Ed, but I thought that would garner Good Karma [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Maybe Ron did something else that WASN'T such a Public Service and that's his (very harsh) penance?

Either way, that blows. But yet it sucks at the same time. It's a Genuine Metaphysical Anomaly.

Or is it just that someone left the irony on?

Newc

[ August 21, 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This is most unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo:
              Kinda makes me wonder if my homeowner's insurance would fully cover my guitars.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Typically, most homeowner's insurance policies do not. If fact, mine specifically exempted musical instruments from coverage. I would guess that's fairly standard. Most likely, you'll need a rider to cover the gear or an entirely seperate insurance policy. Which, of course, will cost you extra dough. You should ask your agent about this stuff.

Bummer about the 6. That was a nice paint job. My condolences to both parties. Hopefully, no-one was injured or killed in the fires.

Comment

WOW thats phuk'd up.....
                guitars are sometimes covered under homeowners insurance. check your policy if they are take DETAILED pic write down the serial# & any other info that may help if they are ever stolen. If they are serious collector guitars get written apraisels. my 86 bich cracked when my basement flooded it was laying down in a case under a bed in 4 inchs of water, insurance paid for its repair.

Comment

Wow, that IS hard to believe. Only $280
                  shipped and you sprang for a setup too?
                  What a guy! Too bad it turned out badly.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ron should be coming by here in the next few days, so I'll be sure and let him play my 650. And watch the tears roll down his face. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Most homeowners policies won't cover musical instruments, particularly if something happens to them outside of the house (go figure). I have a separate rider to cover my guitars and amps. It's pretty cheap, like a couple dollars a year for every $1,000 of coverage.

2Loud and Racer, sorry to hear about the loss of the model 6. I picked one up about a month ago and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X