Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SKB Explorer case snug fit or roomy for Star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKB Explorer case snug fit or roomy for Star?

Hey gang. Anyone use the contoured SKB Explorer/Firebird hardcase for Charvel Star? The long body points, front lower and rear top, on my homebrew star body are about an inch longer than on a real Charvel so looking to find out if this has a chance of being a fit. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks! -Mike

Only way to see is try one I would think an open body section case would work.
    My star is Charvel sized so it fits the form fit case just fine.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks Stray. Open body box shape would work, yeah. But I've kind of made a deal with myself where if I cant fit all my cases under my sectional couch then I've got too many guitars : ) So Im trying for a chainsaw shape so as to be able to 69 em for space when not in use. I'm thinking my local GC ought to be willing to order it and let me try before I buy. On a related note, anyone know if the Jackson Kelly case is much different from the SKB Explorer/Firebird case? They look really really similar in pix online.

Comment

I tried my star in my SD Kelly case and it was a no go.

Comment

I'll bet a Kramer Voyager case would work they were open.

Comment

Hey man, thanks for going to the trouble of doing that test fit, that rules out the Kelly case. Funny, most of the time Id think of Voyagers as a hard to find, but, as of last week anyway, there were 2 identical black/mint crackle Voyagers locally on CL. The cases were molded on the inside and would almost certainly work (were they not occupied with Kramers) but the outsides are rectangle, and looked pretty big. Lesson learned, if I want a contoured case, stick with std shaped and sized projects. Oh well, at least its not a mockingbird.

Comment

Working...
            X