Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel ACOUSTIC GUITAR sighting... how rare ARE they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel ACOUSTIC GUITAR sighting... how rare ARE they?

No, they're two separate lines. The Charvettes were dead and gone by the time these guitars came out. FYI some of the Jackson Performers were also made in Korea, not Japan.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Re: Charvel ACOUSTIC GUITAR sighting... how rare ARE they?

Kevin Easton has two Charvel acoustics at eastonguitars.com, well at least the last time I was there he did.
    Brian

Comment

does the 625 have a solid wood top? i don't mind korean made, but i think a good top is important to good sound. if it has a solid top, these might be a bargain...just my 2¢

Comment

I had a black 625C about 10 years ago. If I remember correctly the top is laminated spruce.

Comment

She says on her site that it took her a month to write her first song, then it got easier. Sweet Jeebus!! It takes me freakin' FOREVER to get a song done to where I am happy with it. Then I scrap it within 6 months.

Comment

I had one of the Charvette electric acoustics that looked like a Kramer ferrington. What a POS! Amplified it sounded like a banjo with less buzz.

Comment

Charvel ACOUSTIC GUITAR sighting... how rare ARE they?

Okay, someone I know owns a Charvel acoustic guitar... here are some pics...

And her website has some more photos... click on "Pictures" at the bottom after you enter the site:

http://www.geocities.com/pinkdeathth...rynn/index.htm

I'm still awaiting the serial number from her. So far, do you think it's legitimate? The headstock looks like a Surfcaster headstock.

So, how rare are Charvel acoustic guitars? Are there Jackson acoustic guitars in existence?

Comment

Depends on the model, but I do not consider them "rare" at all. They're on eBay all the time. That looks to be a 625c she has, but I have not seen that color for a natural. Most are very light spruce color or black. They have a model of the same series (625) without a soundhole that looks *kinda* like a ovation would w/o a soundhole. That is a typical headstock..and you're right, it does have the same look as a surfcaster. These are Korean manufactered BTW.

I think Rich is right, that is a 550. The 625 has more inlayed around the soundhole and binding.

[ August 21, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

It looks like a 550 series (I forget the letters that go with that). Not that common,but just a Korean plywood guitar that's good for the money. NO collector
                  value whatsoever. You'll also see the
                  625 Series on Ebay pretty often; they were 1 or 2 steps up from the 550 with abalone dots, and top and neck binding of abalone too, and a 24-fret extension into the soundhole on the B and E. They play real nice though.

Rich
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                    Depends on the model, but I do not consider them "rare" at all. They're on eBay all the time. That looks to be a 625c she has, but I have not seen that color for a natural. Most are very light spruce color or black. They have a model of the same series (625) without a soundhole that looks *kinda* like a ovation would w/o a soundhole. That is a typical headstock..and you're right, it does have the same look as a surfcaster. These are Korean manufactered BTW.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not a 625; the cutaway is not the same, and it doesn't have the extended fretboard or binding on the neck, or the abalone around the soundhole. he 625s don't have a pickguard either. It's a 550,
                    I'm almost positive, but I AM positive it's not a 625C.

[ August 21, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Okay, she just got back to me, and you're right, it's a 550CM. The serial number is 00055727.

So why doesn't Charvel make these anymore?

Hmm... a custom shop idea is coming to me... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

OOPS!! I guess I should've waited a couple of minutes before reposting and editing!

I had a 625 once, tobacco sunburst finish. They're awesome in that finish, but guitars come, then they go...
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Charvels aren't associated with acoustic guitars, but with metal guitars, so they just didn't sell. For that same reason
                          they are pretty doggone cheap on Ebay too. Just in case you want one.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                            they are pretty doggone cheap on Ebay too. Just in case you want one.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sweet. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm definitely going to check it out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Something just occurred to me. If it's Korean made, shouldn't it be a Charvette? Sorry, I'm not up-to-speed with my Charvel/Charvette/Jackson history/knowledge. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X