Jackson branded picks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson branded picks....

I thought they'd be a gimmick. They're actually quite decent. I bought some of the 1mm and I really like them. Very soft attack, very buttery... but they don't feel like very soft picks, maybe about the same as a tortex. They have a rubberized feel to them even though they're not rubberized. They're not going to replace my Ultex 1mm's but it's really amazing how different they sound. I think they compliment each other very well. Anyone else like them?

Last edited by xenophobe; 07-25-2012, 04:00 AM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I agree, I bought some last year off Music123 in the 1.14mm and I love them. I bought them thinking the same thing, "I know im a schmuck for ordering them but..." and I like them.
    Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
    Gretsch G6128T-TVP
    Gibson LP Traditional
    Gibson J-185 EC
    Hagstrom XL5
    Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
    Walden T550 EC

Comment

Wow, nobody else has tried these?

Comment

Didn't know they existed... I wonder if they make 3mm full size or jazz picks..

Comment

Ive never seen 'em either...........I must have them mwuhahahaha

I usually use Dunlop 0.73

Comment

I usually use Ultex 1mm, various Tortex, Gator Grips, etc...

These Jackson picks are really different. More for shredding than rhythm...

Comment

xenophobe do you use these:

or these:

I was trying to find Ultex sharp a long ago but didn't see them at where I was searching, does anyone know if these are still on sale?

Comment

They still make them as far as I know, I use the 1.14 sharp.
                Didn't know about Jackson picks, I will get some to try.
                "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I would try them in the 1.14 but that is still pretty thin a pick for me.
                  I use a V pick 2.75 most of the time.I have one that is 4.10.(not in pic)
                  Last edited by straycat; 07-26-2012, 09:16 AM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They look like tortex gator grips.

You guys are making me feel like a fairy for using .7 picks.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

They look like gator teeth I must try one.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

Comment

I had some of these. I switched to them from Fender Mediums which I had used for years, I wanted something with more grip. The fact they said "Jackson" on them had little to do with my choice, in fact I didn't even own a Jackson guitar at the time. I only used em for a couple of months though before I fell in love with Jazz IIIs.

They're decent picks, but the attack was always a bit soft for my tastes.

Comment

+1 I use .88s
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
                            I was trying to find Ultex sharp a long ago but didn't see them at where I was searching, does anyone know if these are still on sale?
                            I use the standard Ultex 1mm's. Like the 2nd picture. The Sharp are tapered and I don't like tapered picks. They still make both types.

Gator grips are matte textured tortex picks that have rounded edges. Jackson picks feel like the rubber coating on a phone or the Kindle Fire, for example... It's not plasticized rubber or rubberized plastic, but it feels like it. Very soft attack, rounded edges, but they're still quite firm.

I like them, they make running scales faster, but they have a really soft attack, so they're not great for rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              +1 I use .88s
                              Same here... I can't imagine playing with one of those V-Picks.
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                              X