Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to LA in Sept. Any must-see spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to LA in Sept. Any must-see spots?

oh dude, don't even get me started on what a score corner that was!!! i think yucca in general was nothin but 11 year old crack dealers...

what killed me was that stupid pretty woman movie was filmed right in that neighborhood! the apt she lived in was on yucca and whitley... i recognized it b/c my old roommate august (guitarist for johnny crash...only a few are gonna know who the hell they were) used to score crack from there. so many times i'd go with him as backup...lol. i remember this one kid sold him soap chips... i was laughin so hard at him.

my god, you guys remember the hollywood studio club apts on wilcox? seems like every band lived there.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

sunset and las palmas, a stones throw from
      those fine establishments- the seventh veil
      and the crazy girls saloon on la brea is where i humbly dwelled. i also lived on melrose and sycamore. (more being the key word, should have been spelled sickamore)
      tommy
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

i bet august was'nt laughing!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, selling fake drugs is a good way to
          get hurt on those streets. Do that sh1t and someone might come back, mug your ass
          for your money and the real sh1t you had for yourself, and beat the holy crap out of you and go score a lot bigger pile than they could afford before. That's instant karma, Mr. Lennon!

.....Sorry, you were saying? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ September 05, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When were you guys living out there? I try to drive through the area every year when I go out for NAMM. It's a lot differant now than it used to be with the Kodak Center, but I get a kick out of going back to Yucca Manor. When I lived there an old couple ran the place. The wife called the apartments her "oasis", yet the husband had this huge shotgun in their living room.

I will admit that there's something special about walking out of your apartment in the morning and having to step over a homeless drunk guy with puke all over himself. Now that's the Hollywood I miss!
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I was in Costa Mesa from late '83 through
              August '88, then in Santa Monica from September '88 through November '02. I
              ventured into Hollywood a lot though didn't live there, but Santa Monica has all the same amenities - lots of homeless
              committing most of the crimes, prime crack supermarkets at 20th and Pico and in Venice at 6th and Brooks. Hey, if were a homeless wino I'd want to live by
              the beach too! Almost never too hot or too cold. There are even "fake" homeless in Santa Monica! You see 'em drive their cars into the parking structure and change into their stinky street clothes, pop the wheelchair out of the trunk and go panhandle $100 a day! What a friggin racket THAT is! The locals know 'em, but the tourists don't, and that's where most of the spare change comes from.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

why don't you guys get in touch with
                AL-Z- (rockerz)
                i think he organizes a trip every year
                as their is a group of people who go to honor randy on the anniversary of his untimely death.
                tommy

Comment

Yah but it's also really cool when you go and no crowds,I like going when I can just kick back and hang out.It's so sad that the numbers have dwindled over the years of the people that go,but everytime I've been it's been alone,or with a couple of people,and it's peaceful....but the number of flowers,picks etc that people used to leave have really fallen lately.
                  So if anyone from here is ever in the neighborhood (L.A. that is,duh [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) and wants to go ,let me know and maybe we can round up a couple of others in the area and have our own little private vigil-thang for Randy.He doesn't mind,really...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                    if I ever got any where near LA I'd go see Randy's grave site
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey if anyone wants to see Randy's grave I'd be glad to make a road trip to take them,it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X