Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference between the usa j90c and the import j90c?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference between the usa j90c and the import j90c?

Violate the rules one more time and your account will be closed. read the rules!

http://www.jcfonline.com/misc.php?do=showrules
    Last edited by natelc1979; 07-29-2012, 12:42 PM.

Only way to really know is what year guitar they came out of.
    If the sticker says made in USA it is. Jackson logo'd base plates have come in a few imports I have had too.
    I had an original 87 Import model 1 and it had a USA sticker J-90C in it.
    Some had one bobbin with adj poles some do not, some have chrome pole pieces and some have black pole pieces.
    IIRC some had alnico magnets hence J-90 sticker on the base plate.
    Last edited by straycat; 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Lots of confusion over this.

Comment

I think the ones with the black screws are made in the usaand are the best. there are some that are made in the usa that do not have screws( no as good). there there are the non usa ones that have the jackson logo painted on the front. I have one of those and think it sounds the best out of the 3 I have.

Comment

Have we definitely established that this run of pickups was offered both in the USA and as imports? I thought the original Jackson pickups were all USA made, whether they had that stamp or not. By the time manufacturing went overseas, wasn't it well after the originals were long gone?
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

the usa made pickups were in the mij charvel and the usa jacksons. I know the 86 charvels had the usa pickups with the screws, 87-88 the were usa made but do not have adjustable poles.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that all the Jackson pickups were USA made until some time in the early 90's and they had a fairly large backstock of them.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So, anything with an oversized ring is a usa made pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  So, anything with an oversized ring is a usa made pickup?
                  I'm pretty sure the early 90's Charvels had MIJ pickups with the oversized ring. I think, but have no real clue, but I think all the Charvel logo'd pickups were MIJ. About the time Charvette came into existence is when they started MIJ pickups, if I remember correctly. I could be very wrong.

All the guitar logo Charvels for the US market had USA pickups, if I'm not mistake.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X