8 weeks and still waiting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 weeks and still waiting...

..for a schaller floyd bridge to replace my old JT6. that wouldn't have been the biggest problem, if not my Charvel was brought to the shop for a fret dress and they removed the JT6 already and threw the studs away because the schaller would arive in 2 weeks time ---> NOT, so no charvel for me until the damn floyd arives.

just wanted to spit out some some frustrations. I already have that guitar 4 months without 1 hour decent playing, due to the tremolo which caused the guitar to go out of tune after 10 seconds of playing. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

harrald

Re: 8 weeks and still waiting...

They threw the old studs away? Did you request that they do so? It's still your hardware, unless they offered you a trade-in discount for the old trem.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow, that's just WRONG.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        They threw the old studs away? Did you request that they do so? It's still your hardware, unless they offered you a trade-in discount for the old trem.

Newc
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No doubt! NEVER even throw a screw away. You can re-use or find another use for almost anything on a guitar... What the heck kind of shop did you go to? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

not a really bad one, but the screws were also really worn, as well as the edgeknifes of the trem, so they were not really usable anymore. Initially they were going to install the floyd as well, so they already did some work on it, apparently too early (I told em I would do it myself, because that would take also another week extra). If I knew it was going to take some time, I would have requested it back with the original trem on it and would have had it blocked for a while. well, to late for that.

actually, the shop is not that bad, but this sucs.

harrald

Comment

Harrald, any tech with skils has a Dremel rotary tool, and the attachments to reshape and sharpen the posts and knife edges. They had no right to toss that stuff without your okay, and I wouldn't be surprised if that bridge and posts are lurking in the parts drawer waiting to be cleaned up and resold. Eight weeks waiting for your Schaller too, I'd be raising a fuss. Maybe you should talk to the owner instead of the techs. You'd be amazed how well that can work. They probably forgot to order it until you came back looking for your guitar. Too much weed in the break room, ya know?

[ August 22, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

There are tech's and there are parts changers.
              90% of what you find in Joe and Marthas Music are parts changers.

Comment

Bummer man..
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                  Harrald, any tech with skils has a Dremel rotary tool, and the attachments to reshape and sharpen the posts and knife edges. They had no right to toss that stuff without your okay, and I wouldn't be surprised if that bridge and posts are lurking in the parts drawer waiting to be cleaned up and resold. Eight weeks waiting for your Schaller too, I'd be raising a fuss. Maybe you should talk to the owner instead of the techs. You'd be amazed how well that can work. They probably forgot to order it until you came back looking for your guitar. Too much weed in the break room, ya know?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it is a really small shop and discussed it with the owner and the tech (both nice guys) and wel this stinks. next week I will visit em again and have a chat about what we are going to do about it, because I have had it with waiting. we will see what hapens, I will post an update when I know more about what went wrong. anyway, thanx guys!

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                  X