CL Mike Learn SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Mike Learn SL2H

Saw this today on Seattle CL - seems a little steep, yes?

Tell the seller that. There are actually much nicer looking and cheaper SL2H's out there too
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't understand why people pay a premium to have guitars purposely f'd up. Why not just buy one that has been legitimately abused? Or in this case buy an SL2H and take a sander to it

Comment

I don't get this relics either. Why someone would like to have a beat up - new - looking guitar. Imagine how many times you'd have to explain that the guitar is new but you paid a hell lot more just to make it look like the previous owner was a jackass who had the guitar hanged on the backyard for the last 5 years.

Comment

This posting has expired.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

Pretty standard price for a Custom Shop (note the J serial number, CS truss rod cover and headstock logo). The Mike Learn paint job and Plek setup is factory so i suppose it's an accurate reflection of asking price.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

$3500 is standard price for a 5 year old custom shop Jackson?

Even if it were one of Mike's highly detailed graphics I think $3500 is high by a grand or more.

Comment

Yeah i have to agree. aint much special here. I bet MAP pricing was less than what hes asking.

but then again. look at ebay. people on there everyday asking 1700 for a used RR1 or KV2 so crazy asking price or not. someone might pay it.

and you can always come down on price. cant ever go up!

Comment

Just leave it on a floor stand at Guitar Center for two weeks if you want it relic'd
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, the 'rat-rod' guitars weren't reliced as such - they were painted to look beat up, but there were no dings and dents as I recall. There were three (green, white and blue bases) that had a 50's style Jackson logo on the body which looked a lot more appealing to me..
                      Last edited by neilli; 08-15-2012, 10:36 AM.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I like it cos it's a CS SL2H but the graphics look like shit.
                        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                          Just leave it on a floor stand at Guitar Center for two weeks if you want it relic'd
                          Truth!
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

that's a fuggly guitar, bet it plays well though
                            Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
                              I don't get this relics either. Why someone would like to have a beat up - new - looking guitar. Imagine how many times you'd have to explain that the guitar is new but you paid a hell lot more just to make it look like the previous owner was a jackass who had the guitar hanged on the backyard for the last 5 years.
                              I painted it to look reliced. It was never a pristine, shiney new instrument.

And I have to say, that the price may be high. I did two of those if my memory serves. One was a NAMM piece.

It confuses guys when they see guitars like that priced like that, and simply think, "Mike must be charging through the nose." It keeps guys from calling me and finding out that I am quite affordable. So when I see these instances and have a chance to step in, I do.
                              Last edited by Learn Guitars; 08-15-2012, 10:19 AM.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X