Wanna help with the MOAIP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna help with the MOAIP???

Well, here's your chance. I'm filling in some blank spots of info and I need some help, so who better to go to than the folks who worship these instruments as much as I do... Yous guys.

So here's my first question, I'll post as I come across them:
    How many frets does each of these models have?
    Jackson AG4LW
    Jackson AG4MG
    Jackson AG5LW
    Jackson AG5MG
    Jackson Archtop Stacked STAT90
    Jackson Archtop Triple Decker STAT3
    Jackson C20
    Jackson C20MJ
    Jackson C5A
    Jackson C5MJ
    Jackson CMG
    Jackson DR7
    Jackson DR7T
    Jackson DX7
    Jackson Jazz'R
    Jackson Jazz'R SC
    Jackson JJ4
    Jackson JJ5
    Jackson KSXT
    Jackson Y2KV
    Occupy JCF

Re: Wanna help with the MOAIP???

Jackson KSXT - 24 jumbo frets
    Jackson Y2KV - 24 medium jumbo frets
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Jackson JJ4, Jackson JJ5 both have 22 Jumbo frets.

Comment

I believe the DR7/T/X7 had 22 frets - there's one on Ebay right now with no locking nut (has a Floyd, just no nut). Reverse head, 2-hum, fins. Probably 'standard' jumbo frets (as opposed to Super, or tall/skinny)

The C-20 basses had 24 frets, the CMG had 22, and the C4/5 had 24 (according to GX)

Jazz'R (Ebay) has 22

Matt took his Archive pages down, and I think there was an AG bass in there. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

All the Archtops I've seen (except my old one) have 22 frets. Are those part of the "SLATQ" series (fairly recent)? If so, I would assume they had the same number of frets as the ones from the same series (SLATQH, SLATQ90, etc)

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can't offer any info but I just wanted to say thanks for doing the work....it's a lot but we are all anxiously awaiting this awesome reference!!

So THANKS!!!!

Comment

I know you didn't ask (yet) but I have information on a couple of models that were either wrong or had features completely overlooked on the original MOAIP:

Jackson Concept JDX-94: listed as having Jackson trem, actually has humbucker-spaced string-thru hardtail.

Jackson USA DR2 Dinky Reverse: was available in both alder and ash (satin finishes)

Charvel Eliminator bass: active EQ and pickup blend control (no pickup toggle)
              sigpic

Comment

Please, let's hold off on corrections. Let me get the thing running. Then everyone can pick it apart.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't know whether it's of any interest for the MOAIP, but the hardware/pickup options for the RR3 might have been different early on than what they are now. Mine (a '97) has black hardware, had jackson pups and non-reversed sharkies. Just thought I'd mention it while we're at it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Please see post above...
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

all of the new anti gravity basses have 24 frets...i would imagine the older ones do as well...d.m.
                      and heres a link to a jazz'r on ebay...looks like 22 frets but i'm half blind...lol
                      jazzr

[ August 23, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: diablomozart ]
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yes, the Jazz'R, as well as the newer Archtop and Bent Top that came out last year (with the Triple Decker, two humbucker or P-90 pup options), have 22 frets, and they've got a 25" scale like a PRS or Carvin. They're also available in two different neck shapes.

[ August 23, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X