No announcement yet.

Giving back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently have no ideas to share. But I did want to chime in and say that this is RAD.

Comment

I want a VERY Satanic Baphomet, Pentgrams, ...possibly pics of Linda Blair..with crucifix. Yeah, The Exorcist theme sounds like a dream come true..for me.

Whoever, however Mike choses. It should be a guitar, a piece of art, cheirshed by the owner FOREVER. Not sold to buy your baby's last pair of shoes...or add any BS excuse here>>>>>>_______________ .

It also should be a member who is VERY established on this forum....Ron included. Not some troll with a multitude of agendas. Agendas full of shit and wonderment. I learned of Mike Learn on this forum, and this forum only.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Great points and great ideas. Keep them coming. I will discuss with others involved over this coming weekend.

Mike
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Really great thing you are doing Mike kudos to you.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Whoever, however Mike choses. It should be a guitar, a piece of art, cheirshed by the owner FOREVER. Not sold to buy your baby's last pair of shoes...or add any BS excuse here>>>>>>_______________ .
            Gotta agree with this point. Hopefully whoever gets it won't be looking at it as a money maker...

As has been said, very cool of you to do this Mike.

Comment

It also should be a member who is VERY established on this forum....Ron included. Not some troll with a multitude of agendas. Agendas full of shit and wonderment. I learned of Mike Learn on this forum, and this forum only.
              I whole-heartedly agree on this point. Though, I got no way how to ensure it. Maybe using those who have used his services in the past as a method or pool to select a winner? But, that may be just self-serving since I have taken advantage of Mike’s painting AND restorative services…can’t forget about that last point! It was necessary for my piece!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I can agree there, even if it may be pointed at me here lol. Though mike knows me as a buyer and someone who has bought from him before for my collection lol. I still have that star mike I wanna do something this year and ill still be in touch at some point just still undecided on what I want on it so it sits naked here lol.
                Last edited by coloradoman25; 09-11-2012, 03:57 PM.
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

and id say if you see it on ebay ban the member for life and blacklist em on other forums. Id think that would get the message across
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

If said person that wins have a stipulation if and when it goes up for sale it is sold here within the JCF family and nowhere else.
                    Things happen and you may have to sell it to survive ( I sure as hell know that feeling) so maybe doing it thru here would work.
                    Last edited by straycat; 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

that sounds fair.
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

I appreciate all the thoughts and considerations. I do want it to be something that means something to the winner, although, it wouldn't upset me if I seen it on the market later. What can ya do. We will take that in when we figure out how to do this. But I have been enjoying all of the input thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                          How about a Medusa graphic, but each of the snakes is a cockdragon?

This is good. HAHAHAHA.

Comment

I'm keeping the guitar Mike Painted for me forever! I can't even imagine parting with it. but I agree, shit happens and one might need to sell even their dearest possessions.
                            Sam

Comment

My Dad was in charge of a Bike club here in the 70's. He dabbled in air brushing. I was gifted at pencil sketching, and shading. I drew many themes for my dad by age 10..and painted one of his many spee boats at 16

They came out great..not nearly as beautiful as Mike's creations. But they did win the local autorama here in town.

He did a Medusa and that came in second. But the trophy he has was for a Uber-Custom Chopper ..a Honda 750CC. The theme was The grim reaper coming from Earth into space. The blood dropped from his scythe unto the Earth..where there was a cool fuggin' mushroom cloud in Vietnam. I wish I could post pics. I spent countless hours at those drawings. Some day I'll progress my technical skills into the 80's?? Hahhaa

It wasn't the theme really..it was just the bike in general..how it looked. That was '72.

He had one that was Vampirilla. I had all those Warren Magazines. I still have many..Creepy, Eerie, Nightmare..ect.

I'd like to have Mike paint a picture of me on a guitar. Then it's mine. I can't sell it..for any reason. That would stay in the family. I may have him do this regardless of contest.
                              Last edited by horns666; 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I want a VERY Satanic Baphomet, Pentgrams, ...possibly pics of Linda Blair..with crucifix. Yeah, The Exorcist theme sounds like a dream come true..for me.
                                The "Fuck Me Jesus" graphic! That wins.

/endofthread
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X