Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was it like the day you got your first USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was it like the day you got your first USA Jackson?

To me its like getting the holy grail, finally realising my dream guitar isn't a dream, just holding something so perfect in my hands and for once it doesnt involve masturbation. Its a one of a kind feeling!
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

I'm still waiting to find out

Comment

Har, it was so long ago I forget! I found it in 1987 in the Recycler ! (remember that?)
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Force i picked up a RR1 at a 2nd hand guitar store in melb for $1000 including OHSC :O there is a fella on ebay with one going go 1,800 with Buy It Now set at $2,500.
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
            Force i picked up a RR1 at a 2nd hand guitar store in melb for $1000 including OHSC :O there is a fella on ebay with one going go 1,800 with Buy It Now set at $2,500.
            Tempting but I just shelled out on a KVXMG. Where that came from they have USA models & the prices are reasonable for Oz. I think I'll have to save for a while, been buying too many guitars lately.

Comment

Drove seventy miles to swap a 550xl and a Les Paul std for a not-particularly-great USA stratbody, just to be one of the very few Jackson USA owners in my neck of the woods. In truth, it wasn't the smartest deal I ever made...

Comment

Stumbled on to it. The store that was down the street from where I grew up had a used metallic black SL1 with a missing middle coil. The owner and I were cool so he threw in the coil installation since the seller had included it. Bought it for $600 in 2000. Couple months later I bought a new KE2 at Guitar Center somewhere near Rochester, NY. Now that was exciting. I had always wanted one, it was brand new and had the black flame top I always lusted after. About a year later I stumbled on to a Korina KV2 at my local GC in PA, traded the SL1 in and grabbed the KV2 for $600. Exciting times...

I've had many more since then. Love Jackson. Only thing that rivals it is a new BC Rich day!

Comment

I posted a thread on this forum asking for suggestions as to which finish I should get, and was referred to a Classifieds ad. Its exciting opening an expensive box for the first time. Spend a few minutes admiring it, then play it. After that, the novelty wears off and you want another or something else. I call it retail therapy without the bullshit salesman speeches. I often think there's a lot better used gear out there than new.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My first...I was visiting Mass on vacation around the time that the White Ghost flame buy came in at Matt's. They were sitting there in the boxes, and he wouldn't open them, he was letting them acclimate to the weather change, etc. I remember that I just wanted to see one.

Then when I got home, Matt posted that someone backed out and #7 was available. Begged and pleaded and promised to sell my LP Standard. Then I called Matt.

It's all downhill from here, nothing can compare to the 'Flame, perfect guitar IMO.

Comment

I remember it like it was yesterday. I started on a JS series Rhoads. Then moved my way to an RR3, then an RR5. The summer I got out of high school I got my first high paying job for someone my age.. I saved all summer to finally buy the RR1 that I had been drooling over for the past 7 years. I remember the day it came in the mail.. I just couldn't believe it. She's still my #1.

Comment

Saw a brand new amber lager burst sl1 on the hook in GC in Manhattan for $1200 or so. They had sold the case out from under it. Bought a roadrunner case for 80 bucks, boogied over to 14th Street and hopped the PATH back to Jersey City. I felt like I was carrying the nuclear football going through the station.

Comment

I had ordered one through Guitar Center. It arrived at the store a few months later right before a hurricane was supposed to hit Houston (I think maybe Rita?). I was sick and didn't really want to leave the house, especially to go to Guitar Center, but the idea of my brand new guitar sitting all alone in the store was too much. Man that thing was beautiful!! And it still is! 7 years later and still not a scratch on her!!. It was a black SL1. A few years later I added a transparent blue SL1.

Comment

My Very First.... Not so good. Traded a 1979 ish BC rich short horn Mockingbird for a Robby the Robot graphic soloist. Robby was a dud, lifeless.
                            about 20 + years later a used 1990 custom soloist came up for sale on ebay. Nobody bid on it. I took a chance. The chance was a wonderful hunch.
                            If there was a neck, guitar, etc. that actually plays like "butta" this one defines it. It is mine. Not going anywhere. Since then, I am up to a few nice Jacksons, but none like my old custom soloist.
                            >^v^<

Comment

Knew I wanted a USA RR1. My dealer had an old stock BGF model they would have given me a killer deal on, but it was a dog. Took a chance and ordered my trans blue RR1T and waited 8 months for it to show up. I went in to get an update on delivery on the day it actually showed up to the shop and literally got to open it as soon as it came in the door. It's still the best guitar I've ever played.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X