Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was it like the day you got your first USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first US Jackson was in 1992 the Concorde (Well Rhoads LTD Tribute) I called half a dozen places trying to find one. I hated the one I found with the vtrem (I don't care if it's more like Randy's fuck v-trems I hate hate hate them) and finally found one at Guitar Show Case. My dad actually drove me out to pick it up and I was in love the moment my eyes fell on it (Previous to that I was anti-jackson because one of their reps was a complete c*nt.) but after that I was in love with Jackson.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I bought a new RR1 Lightening Sky in 1988 and thought I died and went too heaven!! I kept it a few years and then sold it do to it being unfomfortable playing sitting down. Should have kept it.

Comment

Well, I could honestly say it was lackluster

Not because of the guitar though
        But when I ordered it I was on a high in life, things were working out and progressing for me
        (Hell, I even had money to burn to order my RR1 -and then some-)
        Unfortunately, 10 months later when it finally arrived, (most) things hadn't worked out and I was back where I was 6 years earlier,
        only this time depressed and burned out

So having only a steady job to show for (hanging by a thread at that point in time) that kinda dampened the enthusiasm of receiving a pretty guitar

But I still consider it one of the pleasures that helped me through that time

Taking the box home, pulling out a flightcase that'd fit a mixingconsole
        Opening the case I'll never forget that smell, the big MoP sharkfins glistening on a pitchblack fretboard, the surprise that the backplate was (like the scratchplate) alumin(i)um,

...and then there was the snakeskin paintjob
        When I decided to fork out the cash for the RR, I figured I might as well get one of the higher end finishes on it as well
        Back when we had the user guitars gallery here on the JCF, one of the RR's that struck me the most was a blueish snakeskin RR (most likely a pre-USA Select)
        and that's what I pretty much was expecting, but got more than I bargained for
        Here I was looking at a facetted combination of copper, obsidian and creme accents in the mesh pattern, just absolutely gorgeous

Gotta admit, it took some time to get used to the combination of the painted and thicker neck (compared to an ibanez RG and 2 J/C fusions)
        but I guess it's still the most precious item I acquired apart from some things given/inherited
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

When I got my first USA, I had actually just gotten home after having a very, very bad day. After digging it out of the packaging and opening the case for the first time, I remember just staring in awe at this beautiful BGF SL2H. The sheer awesomeness of it and that "new guitar smell" I'll never forget. I did a setup, strung it up with some elixers, and the rest of the night was a blur of shred.

Know what the best part of it is? Everytime I open the case it still feels like the first. The awesomeness just doesn't go away.

Comment

Great my first was a jackson pc-1 au natural

Comment

Originally posted by Whoopu2 View Post
              When I got my first USA, I had actually just gotten home after having a very, very bad day. After digging it out of the packaging and opening the case for the first time, I remember just staring in awe at this beautiful BGF SL2H. The sheer awesomeness of it and that "new guitar smell" I'll never forget. I did a setup, strung it up with some elixers, and the rest of the night was a blur of shred.

Know what the best part of it is? Everytime I open the case it still feels like the first. The awesomeness just doesn't go away.
              This, except I was having a normal day and I used dirrerent strings
              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Ok so i actually got my RR1 tonight but my god the feeling once it arrived!

It felt almost like a dream, the guitar is pure perfection i mean i have a Model 6 that is insane but man this axe makes it feel cheap! Everything about it is just absolutley perfect! Happiest day of my life
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

My KV2, white w/ black bevels, was so awesome that my neighbor's hot wife and her even hotter daughter came over and gave me a double blowjob while I was playing it that first day.

Then they made me a sandwich and went home.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

It was awesome! I won it on the bay and it was coming up from Florida. It was supposed to be signed for upon delivery, but they just left my precious out on the doorstep. My good friend who lived in my neighborhood and knew I was buying it, had walked by my parents house and saw the package sitting out in the rain ... fuggin UPS! So he did what any good friend would do, he took the package to his place and let me know he had it. He un-boxed it, and left it in the case for me to check out after I got home from work. I was commuting from Washington D.C. to Maryland suburbs by metro & bus! I went straight to his house after getting off the bus in my monkey suit to check out what was waiting for me.

Someone had spray painted the plastic logo case with orange VH'esque stripes... I remember opening the case and taking in the glory of my '87 Soloist Snake Skin and just thinking, WOW. Round of high fives all around, that awesome!!! Taking it out to take a closer detailed look... My buddy had a custom Jackson V he got off the bay as well so we compared all the differences. I can't remember the year of his, but it was a custom RR snakeskin too. I remember being super excited to finally own a USA. I loved the feel of it, the look... the bright white bound headstock... MOP sharkfin inlays, ebony board. It's a thing of beauty and I finally had a guitar with a locking tremolo system that worked!

I thought about it the other day, I play better now because of that guitar. I hope I never have to part with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      My KV2, white w/ black bevels, was so awesome that my neighbor's hot wife and her even hotter daughter came over and gave me a double blowjob while I was playing it that first day.

Then they made me a sandwich and went home.
                      I seem to have seen a movie with a similar plot once.... Anyway, best NGD EVER!

Comment

i saw a CS strat with a reverse headstock and a factory installed OFR in a pawn shop. they wanted $435.00. i pulled out my CC and bought it. it was cool. i plugged it in to jam and it sounded like ass. i yanked out the crappy jackson pickups and installed some dimarzios. then it sounded better. i had it a few years then traded it to jg for a marshall 3203.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

A day I will never forget.

I have wanted an PCS style original Rhoads from '94 and it was the summer of 1996 when I decided to put the order in for it as it was the only option to even try one here in Denmark! The next thing was for me to find a job to pay for it which happend a few weeks or a month later. By december I got the call that the guitar had arrived and I decided to get it in January 1997.

I took the train down to the music store which I have never dealt with before. I found the place which was not far from the train station. A bit of snow and a bit cold but only a 10 minute walk or so. I got inside and told him what I was there for. He went into a room and came back with a Jackson case. It got in front of the counter and I opend up the case to find just what I wanted looking right and everything. I said: It is the right one! and then it was on to trying it out. I quickly asked for a strap due to the shape of the RR. I tuned it up to a nearby bass or guitar and tried a few things that I don't remember now. It sounded ok and felt fine so it was down to some paperwork before putting it back in the case and the train ride home.

What was the serial? I looked around on and saw the RR2772 stamped on it. Years later I found out the US custom shop did the work.

What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Shame about the cutoff headstock though!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

had charvel sold off all of them when i got the BCRich bug. in 01/02 i walked into a local place that had an older soloists in a custom color. Player it for about 5 minutes and bought it. its still one of my best players. im still looking for an old string thru RR.

Comment

My first USA was my PC1. Awesome sums it up nicely.

Now if I only could afford a few more

Comment

Working...
                                X