newbie to board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie to board

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself and say what a great board this is. I've been lurking around a couple weeks trying to learn a little.Seems like there are some knowledgable as well as dedicated guitar folks here. I had just recently rekindled my desire to learn to play again.I fooled around with guitar as a teenager but unfortuneatly didn't stick with it.Recently after a little look back on life self evaluation,"birthdays in mid 30's make you do that kinda stuff", I realized one of my biggest regrets in life was not getting proficient playing the guitar. So I earnestly wanted to learn and loving 80's type metal and "hair" rock bands I found myself wanting a Jackson.Though I am basically just a novice I have got to play around with several different guitars and When I picked up a Jacson at a local music store I fell in love with it. After seeing the great deals Matt had at Online I finally broke down and ordered one yesterday. I debated anguishly between the dkmgt and the dxmg. I went with the dxmg in black. But it has been really nice to read this forum and at least get an ideal what I was lloking for. Matt at Online seems like a good guy and I really hated to hear he wasn't going to be able to sell Jacksons anymore. I wish him the best of luck with whatever he sells in the future.

Re: newbie to board

Welcome aboard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mountain dave:
      Recently after a little look back on life self evaluation,"birthdays in mid 30's make you do that kinda stuff", I realized one of my biggest regrets in life was not getting proficient playing the guitar. So I earnestly wanted to learn and loving 80's type metal and "hair" rock bands I found myself wanting a Jackson.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here here! *shakes Dave's hand*
      I may be a bit younger, but my story is very similar. I quit my last band long ago, but I've always wanted to be able to shred, so that's what I'm shooting for. It would be a bit of a personal accomplishment. =) Welcome to the boards!

'bane

Comment

Welcome aboard Dave. There are many of us here have gone through similiar things where we quit playing for many years while chasing careers or whatnot, the realized how we missed it, and went after it like madmen!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge and just having a great time talking about guitars and music in general.

Comment

Welcome md! Can I call you md? Good, in that case(pun intended [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) have one and enjoy the show here! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm with you, Mountain Dave -- just started a couple years ago myself. Now guitars are my obsession -- playing em, looking at em, buying em, thinking about buying em, etc.

This is a great forum. None of that teenybopper "you're a jerk"/"no, you're a jerk" crap. Just guitars and metal. Along with the occasional plump e-bay chick thrown in for good measure.

Welcome to the fun.

Comment

Welcome aboard !!

I'm on my second go around in the world of music and guitars.
                  Along with the occasional plump e-bay chick thrown in for good measure.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now where the hell are the chicks !!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Crankdaddy, you're a jerk! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome, Mountain Dave! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard my friend! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Nu-uh, no way, Chuckracer -- YOU'RE a jerk! A jerk infinity, no take-backsies!

Comment

And by the way, Mountain, here's the plumper in question:

Love Cushion

Comment

i'm with ya crankdaddy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                              X