Hey guys, got a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey guys, got a question

I'd avoid the wing cutting if you're going Custom Shop and have them mount the body wings a little further back so the 24th fret is where the 22nd fret would normally be, or have them do it like the old Carvin Ultra V - right on the edge of the body. This does mean the bridge is going to be more in the center of the body, and the neck pickup might have to be direct mounted (unless you custom-cut a metal pickup ring so it slopes with the body). Or you could snag one of those v-shaped Gibson V-2 pickups for the neck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you wanted to maintain the cosmetic appearance of the King V with respect to the bridge's orientation with the rear of the body, just have them scoot the body wings further back AND make them a little smaller so the bridge is the same distance from the rear center point.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X