• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: What the heck is this?

I do not know , but that looks like a Ibanez heads stock. I would stay far away from that thing.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Well, the logo on the headstock is Japanese Charvel... it might be an uncatalogued headstock, the body doesn't look Charvel/Jackson, and without looking at the electronics route, couldn't tell you what it actually is.

For $99, I doubt you could go wrong, and if it turns out to be a real Charvel (at least the neck), it's worth it.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

there's a trans green one just like it in a pawn shop in marietta ...logo is under the finish...always a source of curiosity to me...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That looks like one of those Rogue copies of Ibanez that MF had a few years ago, with a Charvel logo stuck on.

Comment

There's a guitar with a headstock like that at a shop here in town. Except this one has a natural headstock, and the logo is more of an "outline" in black. (as in, the guitar and lettering are not solid black) I've looked at it a couple times, and always wondered what the hell it was. They want $400 for this one though. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I've never seen a J/C with a headstock like that. Interesting.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I might be wrong but I think it's a Westone or Ibanez, the body definitely looks to be Ibanez.

Comment

Well, it would appear that it's a genuine Charvel....

Who in their right mind would put a fake Charvel Import logo on it? That just makes no sense. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    If my balls were on your chin, where do you think my dick would be?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lying, detached and bloody, in the gutter.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Looks like a Fender Heartfield Talon. They had headstocks like that and bodies that looked just like an Ibanez. although I never have seen one aith a traditional bridge instead of a lisenced Floyd but i'm sure there was some. The Talons wer 24 fret with dot inlays too.
                      Gil

Comment

That one is interesting.The 12th fret dot spaceing looks right and the 24th fret double dot thing seems to be correct.The white logo would be right for a jap charvel,and if purchased in tokyo whos to say.The headstock looks like a killer guitar which were made in japan by esp.Just my observations.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well, according to the seller, it was purchased in Japan, and he provides a link to a website with a similar guitar that is all in Japanese. I have a feeling the guitar is legit, and to be honest, quite interesting. I would go take a look at it in person, but Binbrook, Ontario is waaaaaaaaaay up north, and I'm at the U.S. border.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE]Nope, not a Heartfield Talon. The headstocks were different than that (almost angled point like a Jackson but got skinnier at the top and had a similar little notch out of the tip, in both standard and reversed headstocks). Though, it was made by Ibanez for Fender. [/QB][/QUOTE]

That's right. Plus the Talon had a pointier body like an Ibanez. I wish I still had mine.

Comment

ik does also look like a guitar I have seen once from a brand called Vantage or something like that. Also a headstock that has some resemblance with an Ibanez headstock. anyway, if it is something like that it is only suitable to light a campfire with

harrald

Comment

Working...
                              X