Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision made...she leaves for Mikes Friday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision made...she leaves for Mikes Friday.

After a few years of knocking around ideas I finally hit on something I want mike to do. Have a vintage Dimarzio star body I have been saving forever. After changing my mind on a finish for it about 15 times I have an idea that at least has some coolness for me.

We are going to make the "sideshow star"
    This is the style im going with but not settled on the style or styles or if were gonna go with a mosaic or single main them. I want the back and sides to have that yellowed crinkled banner effect and the binding will make a nice framing on it. what do yall think of the idea? I have a nicely worn vintage trem and a correct dimarzio neck for her.

Last edited by coloradoman25; 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Not my thing, but you know Mike will make it badass no matter what

Comment

I think he idea is superb. The specific pics above maybe not so much, unless you went with sort of a multi card collage, like a comic book page, or playing cards checker board layout.

A full faux "freakshow" flyer as the full body cover with a main "freak" in the forefront ( tow headed pig baby, or maybe three tittied woman, lol ) with the side stage freaks trailing up towards the back star point...elements of a circus tent in the background ect.

Sounds right up Mikes alley, I'm sure whatever you two decide it will turn out sick.

Comment

Trem thats the idea im leaning towards those particular ones were just a stylistic idea.

Im thinking of that idea with mikes own DARKER twist on it.
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Ive been diggin around for pics, im gonna avoid the ole 3 tit as I want to keep it useable around my kids lol. But your wording is very much the idea I have. But I am thinking maybe making the outside edge some sort of carne banner in say red/yellow with some sort of wording on it.
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

As long as it doesn't have devil penis, it will probably be pretty cool.

Comment

I took off that first pic set as they arent good representations of the style.
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

It will be a fun project Chris. Talk at ya soon.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Circus freaks

That's actually a cool subject. I bet that turns out awesome!
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno it was either that or a picture of a clock a calendar and the front of a fuckin post office lol
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

so eventhough I have the issues going on this was sent to Mike before I made the decision to offload so it is still going forward. We are nailing down the ideas and I even have a plan to help this one remain in Jackson lore forever. Ill keep yall posted as it goes along. I am heading home to NY for a rest and to see some family. We will be back here in about 3 weeks. Hope everyone has a good Holiday as I wont be on much. Its also going to be a time to sort through a few guitars I still have there and see if anything comes back with me for liquidation.
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Have fun with the family Chris enjoy yourself!
                        My vote is circus freaks and incorporate the cock dragon in it somewhere THEN it will be of legend status.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

LOL the three headed cock dragon.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

You know what would be better incorporate the "stabbed poo" guitar.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X