Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new company (Jackson/Fender) should make relics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new company (Jackson/Fender) should make relics.

What's say everybody flood the new company requesting they get the approval from the stars from the past to make their signature series and name them the relic models such as:

1-George Lynch-White/Orange Bengal tiger stripe
    2-Warren Demartini-Skull/Blood splatter
    3-Vinnie Vincent-double v metallic red/silver

with #1,2 stratheads.

Re: The new company (Jackson/Fender) should make relics.

Relics?
    You mean replicas?
    I think problem here is none of these players play Jackson/Charvel anymore.
    Lynch plays ESP,Warren plays Performance mainly, and VV,Not sure but last time I saw it was Carvin??

But yea,it will be cool to see some replicas like Warren,Lynch,Jake,Vivian and WASP?
    There are too many I can list. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Relics? Like ESPenis? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Why don't you just buy a cheese grater, a drill with a paint stripper and a torch, and you can "relic" your own guitars. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

terrible idea. They tie the guitar to a tailgate, drag it around the back of the workshop to make it look like it's seen a few world tours, and then they charge you twice the price of a regular guitar for the trouble.

If you're just after a "Star Guitar", then take advantage of the finishes and options in the Custom Shop and have them build you one just like your heroes. Then you can beat the sh!t out of it yourself and put your own scars on there.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I kinda like the idea, both replicas and relics.
          Look at the uproar on the Charvel Anniv. edition. If they could get that guitar and others into a CS type (team built) item, I believe the demand will be there.
          I know I am lusting big time for theat guitar, don't have that much dough right now.

Isn't Mike Shannon and others joining the Fender CS team in Corona? If so, what would be so difficult in establishing some materials, marketing and sales synergy going?

Oh well.... we will see.

Joe
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

"Relicing" poly is not only is extremely difficult, it looks like crap in the end, nitrocellulose atleast gains a patina. If you want fragile nitro finished guitars, then you can pray for a relic.

Comment

Relics are the smartest marketing tactic to target the dumbest buyers. END OF STORY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler:
                Isn't Mike Shannon and others joining the Fender CS team in Corona? If so, what would be so difficult in establishing some materials, marketing and sales synergy going?

Joe
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mike Shannon was at Corona, as I understood, but came back to Ontario just recently.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  terrible idea. They tie the guitar to a tailgate, drag it around the back of the workshop to make it look like it's seen a few world tours
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"This aging process is very demanding and only a small number of guitars are made" [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] yeah right [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Touchy a tad bit? It was just a thread, not a major surgery.

Originally posted by ranalli:
                    Relics are the smartest marketing tactic to target the dumbest buyers. END OF STORY!!!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                      terrible idea.
                      If you're just after a "Star Guitar", then take advantage of the finishes and options in the Custom Shop and have them build you one just like your heroes. Then you can beat the sh!t out of it yourself and put your own scars on there.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Already got my "Star Guitar", most here know that, and don't be so touchy, it's just a thread on my opinion, nothing major.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I happen to agree!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

New relic'd guitars suck ass!!! Just play it for awhile to break it in, bang it around, wear a lot of bracelets and big belt buckles, never clean it, have it relic naturally.

Replicas, on the other hand, like your favorite rock stars have, are cool!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just my opinion, but I totally disagree.

For those of us who can't fork over $10k for a 1960 fender, a relic is a great alternative option. They already have a "broken in" feel, and sound amazing. I have owned and played many relics that hold up against the real thing.

Comment

Ya Donnie, I love the Fusions Short scale neck!! The only thing is I don`t care for bolt-ons and thin/flat necks, so please make mine a 1 Hum Soloist with a 24.75 scale, oh ya [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

You know, "relic" may mean different things to different people. Would I ever buy a new guitar that was beat to death? No, but a neck treated to have a darkened color so it looks like it has 20 years of playing and natural yellowing, that kind of relic treatment might have appeal.

Many guitar icons probably chose the beat-up old axes as much because they couldn't afford the shiny new ones in the store as anyting else. They might appreciate the broken-in nature of the neck and the seasoned tone of the wood,
                              but I doubt SRV wore the finish off his favorite Strat on purpose! Likewise, an
                              18-year-old with a relic'ed Strat is not
                              making anyone think he's played that guitar for 40 years to beat it up.

A relic that looks, feels and plays like a MINT 40-year old guitar is one thing;
                              I wouldn't want one that looked like it
                              had been sh1t upon for 40 years.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X