Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new company (Jackson/Fender) should make relics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new company (Jackson/Fender) should make relics.

Thank you lerks, that's exactly what I meant, not one that has been beat to hell & back but a little aged look & feel.

Comment

I don't understand the appeal of relics. You want a guitar that you didn't play and wasn't worn to your preference? Ebay's full of them. They are everyday, average, used guitars. And I do suspect that SRV did wear the finish off his 'SRV' Strat over years of playing it in bars before he made it big. Once a small nick is in the finish, sweat and oil will expand it and in no time a tiny hole will spread across the body.

I just don't see how a new Jackson or Charvel that's been relic'd to look like it belonged to a famous J/C player from the 80's has any appeal or makes any sense. It'd cost more than "an average" USA model, and considering those original Star Guitars actually mean something to the history of rock and roll (as well as Jackson), making pre-aged replicas of them would be insulting to the memories and contributions of those artists.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd like to see the return of a USA Jackson Fusion with the "Don't Smoke" graphic on it (ala Criss Oliva from the "Jesus Saves" video).

Comment

Working...
        X