TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ! ! !

Guys...I've had REALLY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE in the PAST {EMG and Line 6 come to mind}...

...but THIS ONE was ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY !!!!!!
    I recently joined the Peterson Tuners Forum { www.petersontuners.com and made the FOLLOWING POST...

>> CLICK HERE FOR POST <<

...I MERELY MENTIONED that I was beating an OLD HORSE with my trusty Ol' Peterson 420 Strobe, and John Norris - my REP for Peterson posted the reply you see...A few days later, John e-mailed me and asked me for my shipping address...I gave it to him, and asked HOW MUCH and WHERE to send the funds for a new light board for my tuner, and sorta FORGOT about it...

In TODAY'S MAIL - PRIORITY DELIVERED...was a BRAND NEW LIGHT BOARD for my old Peterson with a new product catalog, and a VERY NICE LETTER from John stating that "Here's a LIGHT BOARD, Steve"...ON THE GRATIS !!!!!

...ABSOLUTELY FREE !!!!...NO SHIPPING - NO INVOICE - NA-DA !!!!

...if MORE MANUFACTURERS treated their CUSTOMERS like THIS, I'd NEVER STRAY FROM THEIR PRODUCT !!!!

...I'm a PETERSON TUNER CUSTOMER - FOR LIFE !!!!!

THANKS, John !!!!

...YOU DA MAN !!!!!....

Re: TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ! ! !

That's great Doc.. I had great service from Rivera --- Free tubes and Bias for my Knucklehead Amp Head(that I bought on Ebay).. There are some real customer oriented businesses still out there..

Comment

holy crap, Doc! that's brilliant. Congrats! That's some serious payback for your devotion. Must be all that good karma coming back atcha!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

That is cool!
        I agree with Hossman, my best customer service experience has been with Rivera and to my surprise I recently had two very nice responses and action from Mesa.

Joe
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Speaking of customer service, another company who absolutely does is right is Dean.

The new owner Elliot is totally committed to customer satisfaction, and the Dean forum is full of stories about how Elliot and company went way out of their way to solve a specific problem. In fact, with the new limited edition silverburst Dean Owners of America Caddy (see Dana's photos in guitars by other manufacturers section, there was a problem with the cases they shipped with the guitar. Long story short, Elliot is having new ones made and plans on replacing the bad ones.

You just don't see that kind of service anymore. Kind of a shame, really...

Comment

EMG has GREAT service. Mesa has been really friendly to me as well.

Comment

Maybe more businesses should see how a positive response like this spreads. This will probably bring Peterson Turner more business from the free advertising. Take care of the customer and the bottom line will take care of itself.

Comment

I've always had trouble dealing with Mesa. As a dealer you'd think they would return my phone calls to resolve a customer issue. But it took 15 phone calls 8 in one day from three differnt people and three weeks worth of time to get a reply. I almost lost a sale because of the lack of customer service at Mesa lately. supposedly according to our buyer they're short handed recently so that could be part of it. But when an amp is being discontiued and you need a replacement for it and they don't return your phone call to help a customer situation. That is not good customer service. Although I did finaly get a hold of somebody and the amp is on order but crap what customer service?
                Gil

Comment

Glad to know there's a reliable company or two still around - not that I plan on getting a strobe tuner beacuse of it, though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

When I ordered a replacement J2000 bass board from AMIC last year I spoke to Reed Rodgers, and it was like hanging out in the local music store - casual gear talk while he got the order thing filled out, not just "name, card number, credit check, yadda yadda" like you get with most places.
                  Lloyd was the same way when I ordered my DK-2 HRF. We spent about 30 minutes on the phone talking gear and crap and about the expectations for JCF01 and somewhere in there I ordered a guitar [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Unfortunately some of the manufacturers in this business could stand some improvement on customer service issues. There are definitely a few out there that handle these things quite well, but a large number of the companies I deal with get a low score on this subject.

Just my own humble opinion!
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                    X