Dk1 Vs. Dk2r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk1 Vs. Dk2r

Hoping someone can school me up. What are the major differences between a USA DK1 and a USA DK2R??? Kind of new to playing and jacksons as well.

I've never heard of a USA DK2R. The DK2 is a Japanese Dinky. There have been various DR designations for reverse headstock Dinkies. Do you have more detail about this DK2R?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Do you mean a DR2?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

here's a link to the ad I saw about the guitar. It looks a lot like an SL2H USA that I have. The guy sent me pics of the back and it has a bolt on neck but no active pups ( for some reason I thought I read that all USA DK1's have active pups). My SL2 has neck thru. I'm really confused now. Is this even a real Jackson USA???

Comment

oops. here's the link

Comment

The person selling that is wrong - never was a DK2R, and if it was, it would be made in Japan or other.

I think it's a DR2 but not sure.

What I am sure about is the DK1 will smoke any and all at the same price. If you don't choose the DK1, you made the wrong choice.

Comment

What model is that? It looks really nice. I'm not big on reverse headstocks personally but, that looks very clean. Good luck man.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                The person selling that is wrong - never was a DK2R, and if it was, it would be made in Japan or other.

I think it's a DR2 but not sure.

What I am sure about is the DK1 will smoke any and all at the same price. If you don't choose the DK1, you made the wrong choice.

I agree, I have had a few of both and never really cared for the DK2's neck profile.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yup, that's a DR2.
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

If you really wanted a DR2 and if this one is in really good condition the price isn't terrible. But at $700 I'd rather have a used DK1. I'd like to have one of these just so I could swap the necks on my RR2, but not for $700. Reverse RR... mmm

Comment

Yes, it's a DR2. Those were a budget USA model with import hardware (JT580LP trem).

Comment

Originally posted by Imah8er View Post
                        ( for some reason I thought I read that all USA DK1's have active pups).
                        A newer DK1 has 24 frets and active H/H EMGs. Older DK1s from the late '90s were 22 frets with H/S/S Duncans.

Comment

^ You so smart. Thank you sir.
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I agree with Don. I have a mid 2000 DK1 and its a go to guitar.

Comment

I have one just like it. Same color too.

Comment

Working...
                              X