Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR3? Taking Years Searching for This Guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR3? Taking Years Searching for This Guitar!

Hello, board! My name is Jay and I was wondering if you Jackson aficianados can help me with the identification of a Jackson guitar I saw in a guitar shop between the years '94 and '98.

Now, before you disregard my message as someone who just comes straight to a forum to have others do the work for them, I just want you to know I'm not of those people. About 3 years after graduating from college in '98 and getting a real world job in a city that was not where I first saw the guitar, I have searched the web for anything I could find on this particular guitar I saw. And now in 2012, I think I've narrowed it down to a DR3. But, I need your help confirming that it is or isn't.

The Jackson I saw had a similar - if not, the exact same - natural finish as this guitar that I found on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-DX10...vip=true&rt=nc. And, the other striking feature that I remember of this guitar is the "satin finished chrome" hardware installed; from the Floyd Rose tremolo to the tuning pegs, every piece of metal hardware on this guitar had was satin finished chrome.

After many years of using different search engines searching for the phrase "jackson guitar satin chrome" I finally received a hit, the DR3. I have been able to track down pics of a DR3 (with the satin chrome hardware) in transparent green, transparent blue, and black. Furthermore, the archived price guides on Jackson's official site do not list the DR3 with having a natural finish.

So, this is where I'm stumped. Was it a DR3 that I saw at the music shop? Or was it something else? I just know that I saw the guitar that I described above and have always wanted to have it. The only reason I didn't buy it then and there was because I was a poor college student at the time.

Any help or advice that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

- Jay

Oh, didn't read that you read the catalogs already. Sorry, no clue.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ive never seen a DR3 in natural finish, but it had to be from that era considering it had the satin chrome JT580LP, which was made by Takeuchi. The baseplates are a little bigger and will not fit into newer bodies, so it had to be from the late 90's. Could have been refinished or maybe a Japanese only model.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Satin hardware would make it a 98.
        96-97 DR3's had the quilt maple photo veneer on them with black hardware.

The 98 DR3 also have a flame maple veneer over a Poplar body like what you pictured above, but not in a natural finish.
        So looks like a bit if a head scratcher.
        -Rick

Comment

Working...
        X