Jackson cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson cases

Does anyone have a problem fitting thier dinky style guitar inside these cases?(case with the white Jackson/Charvel logo).I have a dkmgt and the case is about two inches away from closing.It's hitting the tunamatic bridge.Any suggestions? E-bay special-no refunds.Seems like a terrible design to begin with.

Re: Jackson cases

You close it...

If it's a new case, the foam on the inside that's facing the strings needs to get a memory shape of the guitar, that takes some time.

2" at the clasp seems like it would be a bit excessive, but you would rather have a nice, tight fitting case than a loose one, guaranteed.

I don't think it should be any problem.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Is it the bridge that's keeping the lid from closing, or maybe the guitar isn't sitting right in the case? My Dinky Reverse wouldn't fit in a Jackson case because the neck joint prevented it from sitting flush.
      sigpic

Comment

All my Jackson cases are like that, and I've had no trouble with it (breaking, etc etc). I'd rather have a good snug fit even if it meant having to sit on it to lock it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        It's just foam, so you really shouldn't be risking any damage to the guitar.
        I'm not sure if some cases were made specifically for non-recessed Floyded or tunamatic'd guitars (steeper neck angle) and some were made for recessed Floyds (less neck angle). That's the only time I could think you'd have trouble.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for your input. Shaped the strap button and neck joint areas lighty with a hammer..ect closed it and let it sit overnight,now I'm all set.I was freaking-out prematurely because I never had a preshaped case before.

Comment

Bsteam - They're all like that. I've got 20 of them here and none of them fit correctly. Every time I sell a Jackson to a customer I have to work pretty hard to get the guitar in the case. Then, even after it's in there my customer will always ask me if it's the right case for the guitar. Xenophobe is right though, the foam in the case will adjust to the guitar at some point.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

i've got a few of the silver chain saw cases and they fit neck thrus and bolt on jackson (basses)perfectly.i often use one of these with my custom shop when i need a little more room in the car,the jackson case is big!
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

you wil find that the snug fit is really quite good if you have to travel i check mine through in baggage when i fly and they work great

Comment

Working...
                X